Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Florida has been a tight race polling wise nothing changed there.

Frankly each time I hear you talk about all the failing democratic senate candidates slipping in the polls I have to go back to PEC(the site that is closest to most reliable - he did predict the presidential and senate races in 2008 and 2012 all correctly unlike Silver and the GOP primary this year) and I see both Bayh and Feingold exactly where they were 3 weeks ago at 6% and 7%. Feingold is not losing in Wisconsin even with the suppression efforts happening there nor will Bayh lose Indiana. Silver has Roy Blunt behind Landers now and frankly I don't buy that but Wang has put it closer at 2% now. And Rubio's lead in Fl has also dwindled.

• Members

More money is being dumped in WI because they're concerned about him losing. He also has a history of nearly losing races he was supposed to win (this happened in 1998). If they thought he was fine their cash would be going elsewhere.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/russ-feingold-wisconsin-senate-democrats-funds-230446

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'd agree the race has tightened up over the past 6 weeks and I am glad to see the dems taking action. Complacency has ALWAYS been the biggest issue. But that same Pac also dumped 500K into Tammy Duckworth's campaign(and her TV ads are way up now) and she's never been in danger of losing here in Illinois but I was happy to read that in the Tribune a few weeks back. It shows commitment. I'm not trying to make light of this, but I think seeing action being taken versus taking it for granted is positive.

And Feingold didn't lose in 98. He lost in 2010 to Johnson, which I don't think surprised many. As we know the dems got killed that year and have a terrible history of voting in midterms.

• Members

That's why I said nearly. He ran what he thought was a principled campaign where he only spent the minimal amount against his opponent, while his opponent and the various GOP committees blasted him nonstop. The Democratic committees had to bail him out near the end and he barely won in a good year. It's one of the reasons some in Wisconsin were hoping he wouldn't run again. I do hope he wins, as he was a good senator. 

• Members

Ok I misunderstood. My family is from Wisconsin and honestly I can tell you people are kind of waking up now to the damage the Walker's of the world have done to their state. They are now seeing their educational ranking falling, job creation in the state is 3rd from the bottom. And I do think Wisconsinites respect Feingold. I have no idea honestly what kind of negative campaign is being run there, but I still believe he'll win provided those voter suppression efforts continue to get tackled and people vote.

• Members

E.J. Dionne and Eric Holder go in on Comey.

This became Comeygate in record time - before Friday was out, actually. The heat is off Hillary.

There's also a WSJ piece in the mix - which I won't link to, because it's paywalled and because the writer is clearly part of the WSJ's long-standing right-ward tilt and has obviously been fed information by the agents involved - which, without the slant on the piece, alleges that multiple agents inside the FBI wanted to continue to pursue the Clintons, were rebuffed by their superiors and DOJ, and instead went outside and began pleading their case to sympathetic media, like the aforementioned WSJ writer.

Edited by Vee