Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She actually first dropped her maiden name in 1982,  when Bill ran for Governor of Arkansas again, after losing his reelection bid in 1980--she had been known publicly as Hillary Rodham up to that point. In a way, she actually gained it back later on, as she's officially Hillary Rodham Clinton in her governmental titles, even if most people just call her Hillary Clinton now. 

Meanwhile, Anne Holton, her running mate Tim Kaine's wife, has ALWAYS been known by her maiden name in public*, both in Virginia and now nationwide. Oh, the irony! :lol: 

*Granted, her father being a former Governor of Virginia himself might help her out in that case.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Are people just now questioning Trump's mental and emotional stability??  I guess, what, 15-20 years of making irresponsible, sometimes dangerous off the cuff pronouncements without supposition of accompanying facts weren't enough to make media, GOP party leaders and primary voters think twice and maybe look deeper at his disturbing history?

Hm.

Can't decide whether this guy running against Paul Ryan in the Wisconsin primary is an opportunistic troll of the highest order or a nutter like Trump.

Paul Ryan’s Rival, a Long Shot, Tries to Gain an Edge From Donald Trump’s Praise

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

you don't want to retread the past and yet you bring up HRC's past? 

I think the TV MSM wants to just keep it close so viewership will stay up. both networks (I don't count FN) did the same thing with Romney and McCain. They will find whatever polls they can find to show that the gap is tightening....plus I don't know why people rely on polls in the first place. 

• Members

Oh I don't think polls mean much at this stage but I am just waiting for someone in the MSM to jump on this and claim it's due to Trump acting more "Presidential" the past 3 days and Hillary again slipping up, when any viable assessment as to these so called actions would really take more than a few hours  to even assess. I'm quite sure we really haven't seen the real impact of the Kahn situation, because it raises a lot more concerns than the MSM would like the public to believe, things I think that will become even more important the closer the election gets.

I remember reading after the election in 2012 a post election  debrief done by I believe the NYT. Trying to understand why the election results were far broader than expected, varying significantly off poll numbers and why. And there really was no clear answer other than validating the viability  or lack of viability of poll numbers. What they did talk about was Obama's campaign team and why there were so confident they were going to win and win by as large a number as they actually did. It all tied back to the "boys in the basement" they called them(their crack technical team), who worked 24 hours a day, and were able to tell Obama's team where every single vote they were getting was from. I am going to assume Hillary's campaign has the same infrastructure in place. Trump's team I have no idea.

I know voter turnout is actually going to be significant again and I go back to the fact that the GOP knew from 2012 they had to start looking at ways to diversify the party for having a viable chance to win the white house again, and they haven't addressed that at all.  And with the 2020 census likely showing a greater demographic shift than even projected, I'd say they have a long way to go.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Did Hillary say yesterday her mind short circuited or she short circuited the truth? Because one sounds like she got confused and the other sounds like she misspoke... Tbh, I don't think misspoke is the right word... Maybe "I wasn't clear" works better.

In any case, I see Trump is back on Twitter calling her unfit and dangerous because of this. So I guess he's allowed to say stupid things but not her? Or say something, only to take it back? But not her? 

I don't really know what she can say about the emails at this point. Maybe direct people to Cartwright/Comey video and focus on real issues... Any kind of explanation at all or apology is going to hurt her. 

• Members

I just keep remembering 2012 when the media was fapping itself over how close they thought the election would be. I remember NPR doing a whole piece on "What if this is 2000 all over again?" piece talking about how we might not know until the next day and how would recounts be done differently now, blah, blah, blah and then Obama had that [!@#$%^&*] in the can by like 10 PM Eastern. I do wonder if as we get farther away from the landline age, polling is just going to be less predictive.

• Members

The media is so desperate for narratives, so they can feel intelligent and important. One that I hate is when they go scrounge around for Obama voters who are now voting Trump. It's one that gets attention and helps push the story they want (that Trump is an "outsider" and "man of the people") and ignores that most Obama voters would never go anywhere near him.

• Members

There is a lengthy open letter written by one of Trump's former lawyers that was published in the Huffington Post in which he states at length, why no one in their right mind should even consider voting for Trump.  #1 Reason: He lies all the time.

We all pretty much know what's wrong with Trump so I didn't feel the need to post this article but I will say the open letter states all the reasons very succinctly and in detail why Trump would make a terrible president. And the lawyer, dealing with Trump since back in 1987 provides examples to demonstrate that Trump lacks the most basic of integrity.  It will remind all but the most willfully blind Trump-stans how distasteful this man truly is.

• Members

CNN is hosting a panel of Trump supporters to discuss media bias tomorrow...When is a network going to discuss the independent studies (one from Harvard) that revealed that Clinton received the most negative coverage in the primaries and leading up to her nomination?

Would be nice if people could discuss her views instead of Benghazi and the emails...