Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Pathetic. Jeff Zucker has always been sleazy and cutrate. I don't know why anyone watches that sham of a network. 

Anyway, more good news in Kansas.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/election/article93406217.html

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/election/article93377897.html

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I'm not surprised at the cowardice of the republican leadership. And I doubt many of these "leaders" are even aware that their toxic hatred and vendetta's against the opposition along with doing NOTHING but blocking legislation has contributed to this. Even now we can't get funding approved for Zika research and vaccine development because the nutwits in congress keep trying to add anti abortion elements to it. I am guessing what happened in Kansas is going to start flowing across the country gradually. You're already seeing voter ID laws being turned back for reasons I know many people have been aware of a long time.

What surprises me even more is the lack of self awareness of the television media and their own role in all this. Joe Scarborough this morning again calls for republican leadership to denounce Trump. And his reasoning. Because Trump has been a democrat all his life. I mean really? He's still waiving that banner not the hate speech that the media played into for months now, trying to clean up every toxic word that came out of his mouth. Trump was quoted as saying years back if he ever ran for office he'd run as a republican because their voter base is dumb. Well that is at least one truth Trump has spoken.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

NBC reports that Priebus, Gingrich and Giuliani are plotting an 'intervention' amidst the chaos of the past few weeks - and raises the spectre of Trump somehow being removed from the ticket.

Ex-Trump campaign staff have signed on with Paul Ryan's primary rival.

Joe Scarborough belatedly reveals that Trump asked his foreign policy advisors three times why he couldn't use nuclear weapons.

• Members

The only time Arizona has gone Democratic for president in years was Bill Clinton's reelection bid in 1996. This is a BIG deal.

And Indiana, I think, is in play, too. Not only because I suspect Trump is too much for even Indiana's hardcore GOPers, but Pence wound up DESPISED by many there--even in his own party--after that so-called religious freedom law made the state a laughing stock for awhile, and his reelection bid for Governor before he was chosen by Trump was WAY more competitive than it usually would be (although I suspect John Gregg could still win it for the Dems there this year, even without Pence running now). Obama won it in 2008, so it's possible. Romney did win it in 2012, but Trump ain't Romney (stating the obvious FTW!).

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Hillary Clinton is also tied with Trump in Utah. Although there is still a ton of undecided voters who would likely go Republican, the fact that this is even happening is amazing.

Ron Johnson, republican senator from Wisconsin, facing a tough race against Feingold for the Senate, calls on Trump to apologize to the Kahn's.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/290266-swing-state-gop-senator-calls-on-trump-to-apologize

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Here's another story that includes his involvement. I'm stunned that the story disappeared so quickly, and that it really hasn't been brought up since Pence became Trump's running mate. Seriously, he's vile. And all because their Planned Parenthood shut down and he wanted to punish them for daring to give women abortions, in addition to cancer screenings and HIV tests. I lived there/near there for awhile; I know people in that community. It makes me sick.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2016/04/08/year-after-hiv-outbreak-austin-still-community-recovery/82133598/

There's also this clip from 2009, on Hardball. I saw this when it aired live back then, and was in shock. Not that Pence doesn't believe in evolution--of course he doesn't--but Chris Matthews--regardless of what one normally thinks of him--asked him a direct question, in such a way that Pence couldn't really talk his way out of it. Chris had him backed into a corner.