Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Elie Mystal is also a grifter and a liar. He understands how subpoenas work. He knows that the midnight deadline was for documents and no way is the DOJ going to fan agents out across the country at 12:01. That's not how law enforcement works. Mystal spreads disinformation because he wants to get on TV.

People like Wilson and Mystal hate Democrats. They are not our allies.

• Members

Time will tell. I wish people would read how long it took for many of the Watergate collaborators to face prison. I am not suggesting the 2 events are comparable but justice takes time. Do I wish we had a more aggressive AG - maybe. But so many of you forget the mess that was made in 4 short years of almost every agency and institution in the federal gvmt to clean up. The DOJ probably one of the worst.

Cable TV is garbage and so are a lot of the Sunday shows. I have to laugh when I see Chuck Todd trending on twitter every Sunday(I don't watch Meet the Press) but know why. People are always screaming about how Tim Russert this and that and how Todd is a disgrace. I won't disagree that Todd is a joke but Russert allowed Dick Cheney to come on his show for months regularly peddling propaganda unchallenged for a war that went no where and made Cheney and an awful lot of other people tons of money. And none of those people are in jail are they. And their lies cost thousands of US lives, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives, and tore up the Middle East even more than it was. And where is Iraq today and why are we still there?

Rather than relying on the propagandists all over TV, support your local school board, run for a local election or at a minimum support the local officials publicly who are doing their jobs, register voters, get involved. We can all do more by doing those things than succumbing to the regular social media and cable TV outrage machines. And you all do realize how desperate our media machines and social media companies are to making QAnon and Trump a thing again.  I can't tell you how many people I know who have checked out of the news and such because they are tired of hearing the same garbage over and over. 

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

AMEN!!!.  These networks want people in a constant state of anxiety. How do folks think Fox News has survived for years. The Trump presidency was a bonus for these news shows and for networks like MSNBC and CNN so of course they want to propagate drama. I wish they'd pay more attention to facts versus generating outrage. They might be shocked at how many more people might pay attention.

• Members

Don't fall into it. They are almost as guilty with the endless outrage coverage.  From republicans like Chuck Todd and Joe Scarborough to Bernie lovers like Chris Hayes and Ari Melber - they are not your friends and are making money with the endless Trump coverage. Have they spent any time covering the news conferences, speeches or content of what is in the comprehensive legislation that is sitting in congress? How about voting rights. And I am talking about REAL coverage not coverage to generate clicks, fear, and outrage. MSNBC spent a year giving Donald Trump free airtime and covered the same empty podiums CNN did.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Trump never really cared about the GOO, they were a means to an end for him. He's perfectly willing to take the party that he supposedly leads to satisfy his petty agenda. If anything, Mitch, Lindsey and those GOO incumbents would look more foolish for tying the fortunes of their party's fate to someone who doesn't care, one way or the other whether that party sinks or floats.