Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think this long thread is largely accurate, but I also think we could've made the case against what McConnell would do by playing hardball but there are only a couple Senate Dems who prevented that. And I'm angry about that, but ultimately the public is not going to care about this procedural shít in weeks or months. They're only gonna remember that Dems impeached him, the GOP admitted he was guilty but didn't convict. That is the takeaway in big media today and that matters. It's not everything I want, which is why the House should promptly turn this into Benghazi.

I've never felt Trump will go to prison and I still don't. I do think he can and will be legally and financially hounded for the rest of his life, and I don't believe he has the drive and infrastructure to run again without a support the GOP infrastructure will no longer offer him. So I want the House and the local governments to start their work, and then I want Schumer to find his balls and see to it no Senate Dems hamstring us like this on actual Dem policy.

• Members

The GOP is now a Russian satellite organization and needs to be voted completely out of existence. (Good luck with that in Bible Belt country.)

I'm not so sure. COVID didn't even take the piece of s-h-i-t out. I don't think Satan wants the competition.

• Members

Neither is Rob Portman, but he still voted to acquit. 

That's only because he had access to drugs we peons don't. If he had succumbed to it back in October, none of this would have happened.

One silver lining - at least he can't crow about it on Twitter. At least that's one minor victory.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

Could someone please explain to me what Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema have against nuking the filibuster (aside from the obvious)?  And for God's sake, WHAT are they DOING serving as DEMOCRATS??

At the VERY least, their local Democratic parties should censure them, the way the Wyoming GOP censured Liz Cheney, if not boot them from the party outright.

• Members

I think it's a matter of going on record with votes that might not be popular in their states. Sure the current COVID bill is popular but Sinema voting for or against the John Lewis voting rights bill? That would likely cost her either way. Although both are 4 years away from their elections and people have short memories. Donors is another issue, particularly for Manchin who gets tons of money from the Oil and Gas industry. It just shows SSDD. These people don't want to take risks and actually govern. They are cowards.

But who knows. I think their continual supporting of a process and promoting it as Sinema just did that was a Jim Crow creation is despicable.  She should be f'in ashamed of herself especially after what just happened with the GOP yesterday.

At some point Biden is going to have to step in here. But I wish the grassroots would start working more actively against that bad decision and pointing out how they are enablers of Jim Crow policies. It's honest. They don't like it tough.

Edited by JaneAusten