Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have to admit to being conflicted about these reports. For years we've watched cops gun down and torment Black people without hearing about them feeling "a sense of failure." On the contrary, they practically take a victory lap. So why the different reaction here? 

I'm not claiming to know but I think it bears some examination. Was it because these people all claimed to "back the blue?" 

• Members

Thank you! I've been saying that all along. I don't even look down on her for marrying for money. So what? If she just hadn't worn that damn jacket and stayed away from the birther stuff I wouldn't even revile her the way I do.

I was thinking this too. Very weird. All I can figure is that a lot of people are afraid of the power big tech has amassed.

• Members

I think trying to defend against the coup was probably horribly traumatic for some of these officers. Some of these people are loyal to the country and likely felt they failed in stopping the break in of our capitol building. Imagine trying to beat back these nuts while some of your fellow officers are taking selfies with the enemy. Plus they are under a lot of criticism for not being more effective. It seems like a really different job than being a beat cop, not that I really know that. It's just my impression.

If these SOB's go through with their plans to attack again they need to be met with riot gear and bullets AFAIAC.