The Politics Thread

• Members

This behaviour by Trump and the Republicans is something you would associate more with third world countries or some of the old communist dictatorships in eastern Europe (like Belarus earlier this year).

I never thought that something like this would ever happen in a country like the US. I'm not really surprised that Trump acts like this, but I'm shocked that so many Republican officals are supporting and condoning his appalling behaviour.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Funny enough, I am not surprised.

If you look back, almost a decade ago at the Tea Party and their mouthpieces, on CNBC, etc. railing in front of the TV cameras from the trading floor of the NYSE, and how they conducted themselves throughout the Obama administration's years, you would likely have seen this coming. Trump has accelerated what was already in action. Hopefully, what many of us have been predicting will happen will also come to pass- the split and unraveling of the GOP, perhaps into obsolescence.

• Members

More and more people are resorting to shoplifting food and other basic essential supplies just to survive. I'm sure Mitch McConnell would throw them all in jail and throw away the key rather than lift a finger to help them. I'll never know how he can sleep at night.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I have no sympathy at all for the Republican Party. they are the ones who welcomed these people in and now look at them....they have 2 parties. the RP and the Trump Party. and going after Fox News and booing Republicans for me is the best icing on any cake.

• Members

Honestly, I hope that neither has ever been on any of Biden's list for any position in a Biden administration, let alone a cabinet pick. I can see a faction of moderates trying to put in a word for Cuomo as an 'appeasement pick' of sorts, trying to claim that Cuomo would be a good 'sell' to Republicans, with most of the Democrats who would be opposed to Cuomo ensconced in the House, out of reach of a vote in the Senate. Joe's transition team has been pretty decent at vetting candidates, so I am going to take your word and chalk the Cuomo talk as a whisper campaign by his supporters.