Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Midwesterners, I find, are very stubborn people.  They believe what they believe, and they resent anyone, especially any "coastal elites," who tell them that their beliefs are wrong.  That's why it doesn't surprise me to know that Trump is more popular in our section of the country (and for these purposes, I do include states like OK, TX, NE and KS with the midwest) than he is everywhere else.  They're sticking with him, because everybody else is telling them they shouldn't.

If only there was a way to hold elections in this country w/o including those who live in "flyover country."  (I'm kidding.)

Practically everyone involved has 'fessed up to there being a quid pro quo arrangement with Ukraine.  It's like that old SNL sketch where Richard Nixon and (I think) John Dean (or whichever Nixon insider Buck Henry satirized) were speaking strictly for the benefit of the WH tapes.  At one point, Henry's character even holds up a sign that reads "Let's stage a cover-up!," which prompts muffled laughs from him and Dan Aykroyd's Nixon.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'm really curious what was going on today. Was the screamer with the seizure a plant? Was he there to remind Stone what he faces if he talks too much? Was Stone sick because he was hungover or dopesick? Or perhaps was he just terrified? Or was he just faking the whole thing for sympathy like his buddies Manafort and Assange?

I know I sound like a crackpot but it's really hard to know what's real or not with this circus.

• Members

The media spin will be that Bevin was the least popular governor in the country, Republicans won all other statewide elections (one by a black man, which means lots of gushing over how diverse the GOP is and the Democrats are only supporting whites for President, wah wah wah), but Trump chose to make this race all about himself. He and his sycophants in the media, like Chuck Todd (who was grinning on national TV about Republicans winning and the message this would send about impeachment), did this. They took what would not have been been major news and made it major news because narcissism and sickness is more important to them than common sense. 

This amused me. This is the woman who flipped off Trump's motorcade a few years ago. She won a seat on the Loudon County Board of Supervisors. 

https://patch.com/virginia/ashburn/woman-who-flipped-trump-projected-winner-loudoun-race