Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm at the point where I think it may be his election to lose against just about anyone left. I wish Warren had not ensnared herself in the Medicare net because she'd been on the right track until that point. At this point I'm back to hoping Kamala surprises us or hoping Joe Biden can hold himself long together to make it over the finish line. 

As homophobic as the country is, it's Buttigieg's inexperience that makes me warier of his chances - I just think he will seem small on a larger stage, even against someone as worthless as Trump. He seems very mercenary in his debate performances and demeanor, so I guess at least he isn't likely to fall apart, but...just a risk I'm not comfortable taking right now. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Buttigieg couldn’t successfully run a city with a population of 100,000 so I don’t understand why people think he could be president. I think his fundraising and heavy press attention is solely because he’s young and white plus his being gay means they can say it’s groundbreaking. He did an interview with Showtime saying he Feels the race is between Warren and him. He came off so arrogant. How can you be sure it’s against the two of you when you’re polling at 0% with blacks and Latinos? 

With Warren I feel she may have peaked too early. She did an interview saying two million jobs would be lost with her Medicare For All. Conveniently the next day she released the way she’d pay for her plan. Neither add up and if the press decides to report on the details of both things I can’t see that helping her. 

It’s still very fluid though. I can’t begin to think what will happen. I feel it could go so many different ways depending on a lot of variables. After Trump I don’t really like to predict anything. Tulsi could get it for all we know lmao. 

• Members

I think his appeal is in large part because he's quietly confident as well as able to sell himself as a moderate liberal, and that can appeal to older voters who feel insecure, especially with Biden so shaky. Trump's Presidency means that experience seems to matter much less to donors than it probably would have in the past. 

I can sort of see what he meant about the race being between himself and Warren, as it's based on the idea of his taking Biden's support and Warren taking Bernie's, but it was not anything he should have said out loud. And there are also many Biden supporters who will not look his way. 

• Members

On the news last night, I saw a clip of people outside MSG who were chanting and holding up signs that said "Headlock Him Up" and I knew I had to go on twitter to see if there were any images.  I did a quick search and it didn't take me long to find one.

I also love the bright orange (like Trump's complexion) placards basically telling Trump to 'get lost' in Spanish.  It's more like 'Go Away' but 'Get Lost' has a certain colloquial ring to it.

And the placard in Spanish was thoughtful enough to include Pence, because he shouldn't be forgotten for the menace he is, as well.

• Members

The MAGAts on Twitter are claiming they heard more cheers than boos, they didn't hear any boos at all, or the fake news media dubbed the boos in (the conservative media often dubs out any boos or jeers that Trump gets). I read that Meghan McCain dismissed the booing at the World Series as a bunch of Washington elites and I can imagine she will say something similar about this round of booing. 

Edited by sivad40