Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

President Addled-Brain may be preoccupied with this.  This morning, I saw a headline that said that the GOP was concerned that the impeachment investigation is occupying too much of Trump's agenda.  You think?  Like I said before, through all that mess, Bill Clinton was still able to focus on the day to day of putting out legislation and making executive decisions, which is the reason why he was never forced to step down. 

• Members

I'm Northern Virginia.  He is so stupid.  LOLLLLLL.  I'm actually hoping for the blue wave in this election - I think it's going to happen.  While I'm in Northern VA I see signs for Democratic candidates in my neighbors' yards unlike I've ever seen.  I'm usually the only one with signs in my yard...a ton of people have them in my hood this election.  I think we're going to see major turnover from R to D at the local level this year.  VOTE TOMORROW!  

• Members

White Midwesterners aren't exactly that enlightened either and probably are worst. Some of these truck driving, supposedly patriotic rural types would beat up a gay person if they could get away with it, but a religious black southerner would bandage, protect and feed the same person. There are some black people who are quite socially conservative, but there are many more socially conservative whites who control the electorate.

• Members

I don't understand why Boy George even needed to chime in. I thought he was just living in the guesthouse of some scummy phony on RHOBH. 

I saw a new poll out today that has Trump losing to Biden in the battleground states but beating Warren. Polls are unreliable in many cases, but this and the Medicare mess are sort of my wakeup calls about Warren still having lots of problems I'd tried to forget about. The only problem is by the time next year gets here Biden may be doing no better, or worse. I just don't know who I can support at this point - it feels like brick walls every which way. 

This photo makes me want to retch. So glad I don't follow sports.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/04/trump-nationals-at-white-house-065629

I think he'd be accepted as a VP, but I doubt anyone is picking him. I agree he probably won't win as the nominee, barring a complete Trump collapse. The problem is I'm having a hard time seeing any of these people win right now. If Biden can be dragged over the finish line maybe he has the best chance...I don't know.

• Members

I'm trying to understand your concerns with Warren via this statement. She has been for Medicare for All since the onset, so I am not sure if you expected something different. She actually in fact did what Bernie hasn't which is to lay out a way to pay for it. We can debate the merits of M4All or how she has mapped out the road to fund it, but it's not a new policy with her. I have issues with Warren, and actually am not fully on board with M4All right now, but her positioning herself with a detailed plan is not one of them.

A lot of this IMO is exhaustion. The primary season starts too soon and I know I am burned out, but I'm still hoping Harris can turn things around. And while I believe she's the most capable along with Klobuchar of taking trump on, she's going to have an uphill battle. She's a WoC and we already know that part of the electorate will cancel her immediately just for that reason, same as Buttigieg will be discounted by people for being gay. Unlike Buttigieg, I think she has the fighting power, background, and experience to work her way to a win. 

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

My concerns are more with the framing and the response - I feel like she or her team weren't able to do enough to push back against the idea that she was vague until she was asked enough/got enough of a negative response to finally give more plans. 

• Members

Well that has more to do IMO with her political instincts or maybe her team. I think she has an A1 group of experts helping her translate her policies into potentially workable solutions, and the messaging when she was not the front runner worker - maybe because she wasn't the front runner. Notice no one challenges Bernie on how he's going to pay for it. All he has said was "I don't need to map out details now" - very Trumpian. Frankly this doesn't bug me that much right now. 

I talked about her political instincts. Does she really believe she would never be challenged on her M4All plan when she set the stage herself with the "I have a plan" for everything. That's the real issue I have with her. Plus she actually started out making attempts with black voters, something she seems to have abandoned. 

• Members

Even if the majority of older Black SC'ians are concerned with his sexuality (which I doubt), I doubt that is what's stopping them from endorsing Buttigieg.  African-Americans overall have issues with him that have nothing to do with whom he goes to bed with every night.

Exactly.  This isn't just our (African-Americans') issue.  (That is, if it's even an issue with us, which -- again -- I doubt.)

Edited by Khan