The Politics Thread

• Members

It probably would have crashed or be worse off than it is if the Federal Reserve wasn't pumping Wall Street to prop it up. I wascan imagine what Fox News and the conservative talk radio would be saying if Obama was propping up the economy by the pumping into Wall Street.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/01/federal-reserve-admits-it-pumped-more-than-6-trillion-to-wall-street-in-recent-six-week-period/

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Me neither.  If I were Hillary, I would be like, "If you just INSIST on always making me the villain of the story....".

Hey, speaking of the vilification of Hillary Clinton:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tulsi-gabbard-hillary-clinton-defamation-lawsuit-50-million-russian-asset-comment/

You know, the problem isn't that the Clintons stay in the headlines.  It's that others keep them there.  If I didn't know that before, I certainly know that now.

What purpose does it serve (besides to keep Tulsi's name on everyone's lips as we head into primary season) to dredge up Hillary's remarks and sue her over them?  For that matter, why must the press bring up remarks Hillary made about Bernie in some documentary about the last election, as if she made them only yesterday?  Especially when we have other, proverbial fish -- namely, the impeachment trial -- to fry?

Neither Hillary nor Bill are running for office in 2020, nor have they been in actual power since she stepped down as Secretary of State.  Yet, between Tulsi Gabbard, the "mainstream" press and the Republicans' constant invoking of their names like curse words, I'm worried the 2020 election is gonna turn into one more referendum against them.

I'm not defending or disparaging the Clintons, by the way.  I'm just saying, why can't everyone else move the hell on?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Considering the fact that Hillary never mentioned Gabbard's name, I'd say Tulsi is going to have one hell of a task proving her claims.  I guess she figures a frivolous lawsuit will bring attention and maybe some campaign cash. The Hindutvas must have closed their wallets and bots don't bring in money, unless you're a web operator. 

• Members

LOL!  Thank you, @DramatistDreamer!  Under these circumstances, I needed the laugh!

(And you're absolutely right.)

I feel like many Americans have never forgiven her for those "I'm no Tammy Wynette!" cracks she made in that "60 Minutes" piece way the hell back in '92 (or whenever), even though she has apologized since then; nor have they forgiven Bill for lying about the nature of his relationship with Monica Lewinsky and neither being removed nor resigning from office (despite the fact that ANY married man would have done the exact same thing under the exact same circumstances).

@DRW50's right.  We can't leave the '90's (or even the '80's) behind.  Ever.

Edited by Khan

• Members

When you have Bernie Sanders practically hitting another candidate, I think it's perfectly relevant for his likeability among colleagues and others to be highlighted. In a general election these things would be a problem and make voters feel as if their choices are between two angry, elderly men with delusions of grandeur. Clinton merely voiced an opinion and Sanders supporters are angry because it was a valid one.

• Members

True.  Definitely true.  And you are right, @ReddFoxx, when you say his likability among colleagues and such needs to be highlighted.  But, guess what?  That isn't what's happening.  Instead of using this opportunity to examine fully whether Bernie is fit to be president in this aspect, they're reminding folks one more time that Hillary is a loud-mouthed c**t and she needs to die.

Otherwise, this isn't going to hurt Bernie in any way until or if he becomes the actual nominee; and then, the press will spin Hillary's remarks against him in a way to keep him from being elected.  That way, the Bernie bros and everyone else can go on blaming her for Trump getting re-elected (even though she isn't running again).

Edited by Khan

• Members

Total clickbait. Love her or hate her, people are going to read and respond to what she has to say. But yes, there is an unnatural, unjustifiable hatred towards this woman and all the evils she hasn't done. 

Sigh... We should've done away with the electoral college after Bush/Gore 2000...