The Politics Thread

• Members

You know, one thing I'm doing is just being patient. the intel. community, who Trump PISSED. OFF are lining everything up so when the hammer drops he has no recourse but to resign or face prison. Nixon was re-elected in 1972.....he didn't resign until 1974. and every day is a crap show of proportions that many have NEVER seen. a WH who lies with impunity, two PSs who have 10 minutes briefings and don;t say squat because if they do, the orange man that escaped from the zoo will get on Twitter and screw everything up. 

Please.....just give it some time.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thank you for saying this. People looking for a quick fix to this are fooling themselves. This is going to take years. And it's not going to be public Congressional hearings that get the job done. It's going to be the closed hearings. It's going to be law enforcement (and as a BLM "terrorist" trusting law enforcement is not something that comes easily to me) and the intelligence community.

Even if I didn't trust the people in these jobs to be loyal to the country or Constitution, one thing I do trust is how they look out for their own. Donald attacked both groups. Comey called his remarks about the FBI "slander." Trump stood up in front of the memorial wall at the CIA and cracked jokes about his EC victory. These folks won't stop because IMO he made it personal.

• Members

I'd go one farther and say that while I believe Trump will, at some point, be faced with a choice between resignation or prison, it won't have much, if anything, to do with Russia.  It'll be over something else that is so stupidly trivial (at least by comparison) that everyone will be left asking, "You mean THAT's what it took to get his triflin' ass outta office?!".

I'm definitely number eight.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I hope/think it will be money laundering or racketeering. RICO means the government can seize his assets, including state governments. Even if the GOP in Congress doesn't care that doesn't stop Schneiderman in NY from being able to go after assets.

• Members

Tom Perriello is a good guy, and I think he can still run for another office someday and win.

Meanwhile, the GOP race is a dead heat. I completely take back what I said about Gillespie running away with it. I KNEW that might bite me in the ass.

Here's the website Virginia Public Access Project (VPAP), which includes maps of support for each candidate. Perfect for the political nerd in your life like myself.

http://www.vpap.org/

• Members

Either would have been fine.  I voted Northam.  Having grown up in this Commonwealth I truly hope we've turned a corner and don't go back anytime soon.  15-20 years ago someone said to me - you're the South.  You're the Capitol of the South, you're Virginia!  You'll always be Republican!  I said *uck you.  We're also the most Southern State closest in proximity to the North.  You have no idea what we are capable of.  Go Virginia! 

Edited by Fevuh
Added.

• Members

From the article:

"The president [...] thinks the possibility of being fired will focus [Mueller] on delivering what the president desires most: a blanket public exoneration."

I stand by what I said upthread: if/when Trump finally goes down, it won't be over Russia.  However, I hope even Trump isn't foolish enough to believe a "blanket public exoneration" from Mueller will satisfy everyone.  No matter what Mueller (or anyone else) gives or doesn't give him, this scandal, with its implications that Trump's is not a legitimate presidency, will dog Trump the rest of his days.

No one is safe in Trump Nation.

In other news: Kamala Harris is queen.  That is all.

Edited by Khan

• Members

My state--Maryland--would like to have a word with you on that one.

Steve Scalise was the Congressman shot. 

Regardless of how divided our country is, violence is NEVER the answer. I hope everyone injured there, and especially Congressman Scalise, makes a quick recovery.

This is very touching.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/337719-dem-baseball-team-praying-for-colleagues-after-shooting