The Politics Thread

• Members

Oh I forgot to say earlier that Rupert Murdoch apparently stormed out of a party (or somewhere) when he heard of the exit poll. 

Between this and his sons having to do so much cleaning up at Faux News I don't think his last years have gone the way he expected.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Unfortunately, when I attempted to play the video, I received a message saying it was "private."

Please register in order to view this content

ETA: I went to YT and downloaded it from another user; and I think Ice Cube's opening statement -- "I knew you was gonna f**k up sooner or later" -- is just about the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.  I mean, it can't GET any better than that.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I just saw the clip.....I'll say this.....IA with IC on 98% of what he said. BUT......the n-word needs to be stricken from our national vocabulary PERIOD. That's me. my opinion. but I'm SO GLAD Bill sat there and didn't say [!@#$%^&*], because I feel; last night he would have gotten cussed out. 

• Members

In retrospect, I cannot understand why so many in this country wrote off the Carter administration after everything that happened under Nixon and Ford.  I, for one, would welcome someone like Carter in the WH right about now.

• Members

Bad timing...and I wonder how much of it was snobbery at him being from the South. He also struggled in communicating to the public in the way they could accept, and his team seemed to be a mess. I think his second term, even with the resistance from so many in DC, would have been a lot better. 

• Members

I think similar situation to what is playing out right now. Republicans have unified control of government but are finding that their different constituencies have vastly different visions of how to proceed and they are thus having difficulty moving forward on legislation. They are also overextended as a result of huge losses of Democratic seats under Obama. The Democrats found themselves in that same exact place under Carter.

• Members

Remembering your post last week, @GMac, I found this to be an interesting article, and it may interest you.  

I've been saying since last year that there are schisms rising within the Christian evangelicals, between those who have decided to cast their lots with Trump and those who refused.  

The breakaway evangelicals are young and more diverse and they are allied with religious liberals who had mostly stayed away from politics but found themselves so disgusted with Trump's policies that they have decided to become politically active.

Religious Liberals Sat Out of Politics for 40 Years. Now They Want in the Game.

Edited by DramatistDreamer