Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not in the U.K. but yeah if Conservative party lost, May would likely have to resign. Honestly, I'm not so sure of her status right now.

Conservative is in the lead and they're expected to maintain it but Labour made a lot of gains.  Most importantly, the Conservatives won't have a majority, which likely means a Hung Parliament.

• Members

Anna Soubry, a Conservative MP, in an interview with the BBC, just suggested that Theresa May might want to consider her position within the party.  She said that the Tories ran a "dreadful" campaign.

BBC seems to want to suggest that there may be calls with the Conservative party for May to resign.  This may be a bit premature but there seems to be great uncertainty regarding May's status right now.

• Members

Theresa May goofed by calling the snap election, so it's unlikely that she will continue on as leader and there is no reason why she should want to since the Conservative Party has to cobble together some sort of coalition.

• Members

It would be a disaster for the Tories and the UK but then look at May.

Johnson has been incompetent as Foreign Secretary and none of these folks had a clue as to what to do when Brexit passed, Johnson being first in the line of idiots. I'd say go ahead and pick him, let him try to build a coalition to get things done, negotiate the deal with the EU. He's incapable of doing either. God knows I am no Corbyn fan, but all Labour has to do is sit back and watch the "[!@#$%^&*]" show with Johnson as PM. It was bad enough with May who's political career will likely be over after this disaster. Much like Cameron's was.  But the people in the UK don't deserve this. Well most of them don't.

• Members

@JaneAusten  I don't see May stepping down. She is already meeting with the Queen to try to form a government.

Boris Johnson won't be selected because xenophobes are being pushed as far away from Parliament as possible, as evidenced by UKIP being practically locked out of Parliament with only 1.9 % of the vote.

JMO, but that troll who suggested Johnson seems totally ignorant about what's been going on in the last few months and isn't worth listening to. I mean, they voted for Trump...need I say more?  

Said troll needs to 'stay in their lane' and continue to bury their head in the sand and spend their time making more excuses for Mango Mussolini's foolishness.