Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Constant slow-moving train-wrecks but I just keep reading about them.

They're on Obamacare, they voted for Trump, and they're already disappointed

If Congress follows Trump's lead, many of them will be out on their asses in '18, because look at those (dis) approval ratings.  

I don't know if anyone has read this article, or if it has been posted but it articulates what many know.

Donald Trump’s presidency is an American crisis

• Members

The most saddening part in that first article is how many say they expect it. This is how Republicans win, along with the cheating and the manipulating and having media control - people either take what they get from them, or they blame the failures on Democrats. 

I wish I could believe the Democrats up high have any ability to harness or to make up a minimum amount of ground in the midterms. 

• Members

I'm sharing that 2nd article on FB :-)

The first article is just frustrating.  These people readily admit they aren't happy with Trump or his "health care plan for everyone" and yet, they're still going to vote Republican?!?! 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't get it.  It does cause some concern for the mid-terms.

The Dems need to start harping on this AHCA failure and the Kansas economy (as others mentioned up thread).  Over and over and over, to every media outlet and new person.  They need to make these things their primary talking points so hopefully someone wakes up and realizes that the republican party is not now, and has never been, a party for anyone but rich white guys.  Correction - rich white heterosexual guys.  It may not cause result in substantial gains for the dems, but it could flip a few...

• Members

I saw someone saying that while Comey and Russia are the headlines, the House is going to be voting on a bill that would gut more of Obama's protections on financial matters. More and more I feel like the GOP must be pleased on some level that Russia really is acting as a smokescreen for everything these days. 

• Members

After some thought I think I've figured out why the Senate is choosing to vote on the House version of the AHCA. It's so the moderates can vote against it and they can get some cover in time for the August recess. Just like when Collins and Murkowski were allowed to make show votes against DeVos. It simply doesn't make sense that after weeks of "The Senate will craft it's own bill" and  Burr saying just a week ago that he didn't foresee a deal on health care that they would turn around and vote to pass the toxic AHCA.

There's only two groups of people who say things like the Republicans and the far left. Both groups want Russia to go away. I'm tired of people acting like we can't multitask. For all these votes in the House, how many of them have made it through the Senate? The House makes show votes to appease their base and look like they're getting something accomplished. Just like that fake EO signing ceremony Snatchgrabber had. They've been reduced to pantomime and Russia is a big part of the reason why.

Edited by marceline