Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But he's sooo awful. I'm sure I would have had my price when I was younger and poor AF, but I was too naive to realize the power of that 18-28 range when I was in it.  I'd say it's better to social climb with a guy who's much older, but just a decent upper middle class guy.  If I were married to someone like Trump I'd always be wondering how good the CSI team in my city really is and I'd be in an orange jumpsuit soon enough.

• Members

The Kim Weaver thing is kind of frustrating me for a number of reasons. She didn't just drop out because of threats. She also said that she couldn't afford to quite her job and campaign full time because then she would lose her health insurance and she also has an elderly mother in poor health. People keep talking about the threats, for good reason, but I think the other two reasons are a big indicator of why it's hard for thoughtful committed people to run for office.

• Members

I read that he's also making a campaign issue of "robots" and reminding Silicon Valley of the people who will be put out of work and left behind. While some are calling him a hypocrite given his big business ties, I'm glad someone is talking about it. 

• Members

I've been wrestling with the issue of these "leaks". While I'm grateful that people are willing to risk their careers and their freedom to get this story out, and I have no doubt this thing would've died quietly if the public hadn't learned of it and kept the pressure on Congress and the DOJ, it's still espionage and it's dangerous. 

• Members

Technically, Reality Winner is not being charged with espionage, she is being charged with leaking classified NSA documents.  There are different criteria for espionage.

An article on the shameful way the Trump administration is rolling back workers' safety protections in favor of big business.

Some recent gains under the Obama administration, such as standards to protect workers against hazardous and toxic chemicals such as beryllium and silica (which lead to various lung diseases) are being rolled back.  

Also the budget for the Chemical Safety Board is being decimated to the point of practical elimination.

Under Trump, Worker Protections Are Viewed With New Skepticism

Edited by DramatistDreamer