Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So there is no Saudi arms deal.  I knew a lot of this was started under Obama but this administration apparently did nothing to push anything forward. Not that I am crying because the last thing we need is to do this, but these fools can't stop taking credit for things they are not even doing.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/markaz/2017/06/05/the-110-billion-arms-deal-to-saudi-arabia-is-fake-news/

It's amazing how nothing this administration has done. Privatizing air traffic controllers. Something again the PRESIDENT cannot do and no one in congress even has any appetite for doing it. And tell me those rust belt workers are screaming for this.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

What the Trump administration's visit to Saudi Arabia has managed to do is embolden the Saudis in a long simmering rivalry with Qatar.  

Trump's visit became a catalyst to Saudi Arabia's machinations to isolate Qatar over their connections with Iran.  Some other countries have joined Saudi Arabia in their efforts while other Arab nations have decided to not take sides. 

It actually has the potential to become a huge mess!

This may come back to haunt the U.S. as there are U.S. military bases in Qatar, which is part of the coalition-led air campaign against the Islamic State.  We'll see how this turns out when some military jets are sanctioned against landing/refueling at Qatari's airbases-- how that works out for the campaign offensive.

Please register in order to view this content

By the way, JMO, but I think that Tillerson has been borderline useless as SOS.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I was just thinking of what would happen if Corbyn becomes PM (which I can't see happening as if Labour did manage the shock of getting back into Downing Street I think there would be an effort to stop him within the party - and I'm not sure he wants it anyway) and decides to heavily cut back relations with Trump and the US. We would be pretty much isolated on all corners within a half a year. And these things won't go away anytime soon.

• Members

10 or 20 years from now there will be lawyer advertisements for people that have been hurt by beryllium and silica like they do today for asbestos. 

It's infuriating that his supporters still claim he's the best man for working families and everything he's done (or grandstanded on without doing anything) is to further disadvantage, marginalize and harm them.  I'm sorry, but even the poorly educated know when someone walks up to them and hands them an apple but it's actually a banana. 

I just saw this flash across my screen and my first thought was WTF is he thinking?!?!

• Members

They were talking about this issue (well, he's got more issues than Vogue magazine but) on The View - about how he convinced his supporters that everything is fake news except for what he says. He's the only one telling the truth and that's what they think.  So of course he'll tweet the entire time about Comey and his supporters will eat it up.  I hope he incriminates himself.  Has himself a few brewski's and then tweets something blockbuster. 

Edited by Fevuh
grammar