Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

First, NBC went out of its way to normalize Trump -- on "The Apprentice," on SNL, and especially on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon."  Now, they're doing the same for the likes of Megyn Kelly and Alex Jones.  So, yeah, I'm pretty much done with NBC for the foreseeable future.

Oh, I'm sure backroom deals have been struck.  Which wouldn't be the first time, if you believe the History Channel.

ETA: Either that, or, given the leaks about the focus of Mueller's investigations, it's possible the Senate knows something now that the rest of us aren't privy to just yet.  But I'd rather put my metaphorical money on the former.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Eh, let him. 1. It will only increase the heat on Trump, basically shouting he has many things to hide and 2. even if he does fire Mueller, I read that some in the House (or Senate) are ready to reinstate him as special prosecutor should that occur, and then Trump has no say, anyway. And we all know what happened when Nixon went down this road, don't we?

• Members

Going after the money means they can get get to Donnie in ways that he's not protected from. The Repubs will never impeach and the law says a sitting President can't be charged with a crime but Trump is the only one with that protection. Money laundering and RICO can take down Ivanka, Jared, Bannon, Miller and everyone else around him. It's going to be like "The Wire." You start by turning the corner boys who don't have the money to afford good lawyers and work your way up. 

Donnie just keeps slandering law enforcement, the intelligence community and the judiciary. He's a wannabe mafia hood who doesn't have the sense to shut up.

• Members

This is what a President with a genuine sense of compassion truly looks like.

I've been saying for awhile that a financial forensic expert needs to be hired to search for the money trail. I know it would be an exhaustive search but this man is at the helm of this country, if that isn't a reason to make the necessary time and effort, honestly, I don't know what is!

• Members

That's already happening. That was probably happening before Mueller was even announced. I keep going back to the raid of the Republican consulting firm in Annapolis. That was the result of chasing the money trail. It's not going to be senators that take this guy down, it's going to be accountants. Remember when they announced that Kushner was under investigation? That was because of his debt to the Russians.

ETA: Wired magazine has done a really nice profile on the team being put together to take done Donnie. Seriously. These people will turn him upside down and shake the rubles from his pockets. You aren't going to hear a lot of these names bandied about on Sunday talk shows. That doesn't mean they are pulling every string of this mess apart.

Edited by marceline

• Members

SO what would prevent Trump from pardoning these folks? I understand one of the ways is for the state AG's(ie Schniederman in NY who hired Preet Bharara) to go after them. Presidents do not have the ability to pardon someone being charged by a state AG.

Oh and I need to find the article in I think WaPo a couple of weeks back on Mueller and the team he was expected to form. It says a lot IMO when Ken Starr speaks in support of Mueller. I haven't heard one GOPer tarnish Mueller yet. I still have issues with Rosenstein but hiring Mueller was a stroke of genius.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

That thing about state pardons is true. That's why these state cases are so important. Also, Trump can't just decide to pardon someone. A convicted criminal has to apply for a pardon and no one is eligible to even begin that process for five years. It's a process that involves more than just Donnie so there's no magic wand and even with a pardon the asset forfeiture sticks.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequently-asked-questions-concerning-executive-clemency