Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bernie endorsed Ossoff for two reasons...

If Ossoff wins he'll take credit. Bernie and his supporters love to take credit for victories they had nothing to do with.

If Ossoff loses he'll point to his disagreement on "issues."

This is him trying to be relevant.

Edited by marceline

• Members

I'm cautiously optimistic. Between decisions in Virginia and North Carolina, courts seem to be signaling that they've had enough of this. Throw in Donnie's attacks on the judiciary and hopefully we'll get a favorable decision. Now we just need everyone to hang on until October.

• Members

Just by looking at the names on this list, you can see the diversity.  This is why so many of us were pissed when certain segments on the left tried to suggest that somehow it was problematic to assert the platform of POC, women and LGBTQ to the Democratic agenda.  Because often times when it comes time to defend the country and die for the country, these are the very same people who have stepped up in large numbers.  

What people like Trump and those of his ilk would rather not acknowledge is that there is significant number of undocumented veterans, a good number of whom have been awarded posthumous citizenship after being killed in action, yet you don't hear much of an acknowledgement in political chatter and pronouncements.

Has Trump even mentioned these sailors by name yet in the numerous tweets he's rattled off?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

He is. If he weren't there wouldn't be lawyers hiring lawyers and Mueller brought on, I heard, 13 people just last week.

Also, remember this story about how law firms turned down Trump's business because he doesn't pay and doesn't listen? The real news is in the seventh paragraph: "Others mentioned potential conflicts with clients of their firms, such as financial institutions that have already received subpoenas relating to potential money-laundering issues that are part of the investigation."

• Members

The senate is going to pass this disastrous heath care bill. I have no idea what changes are in it but I have no doubt it's going to be at a point where the House will end up reconciling and passing it.

I hate to sound like Debbie Downer. Local politics is sucking here in Illinois too. Cook County passed a flawed min wage and sick page referenda in Nov which all suburbs overwhelmingly voted in favor of. Little by little communities are opting out. About 30% citing the same bullshit we have heard for years about how people will cross into other communities blah blah. After a long fight, our community opted out of it. Our business community is not large, and in fact our sister community voted to keep it and has a much larger business district. At the end they will benefit as will their workers. A bunch of stodgy old men overturn locally what residents voted for, for the interests of a very tiny business community that contributes very little to our tax base. I've been bummed out since that happened.