Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Members

The fact that Ke$ha wrote it made me excited to hear it, and i was not disappointed. So far both singles from the new album are better than anything on Circus.

Blackout will forever be her best album, by far.

Perhaps a flop compared to her former self, but not compared to current day standards.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The track listing, plus the four additional tracks on the Deluxe edition have been released.

“Femme Fatale” Track Listing:

1. Till The World Ends (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)

2. Hold It Against Me (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Co-produced by Billboard)

3. Inside Out (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)

4. I Wanna Go (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)

5. How I Roll (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus)

6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful featuring Sabi (Produced by Benny Blanco, Ammo, JMIKE and Billboard)

7. Seal It With A Kiss (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Dream Machine)

8. Big Fat Bass featuring will.i.am (Produced by will.i.am)

9. Trouble For Me (Produced by Fraser T Smith)

10. Trip To Your Heart (Produced by Bloodshy, Henrik Jonback and Magnus)

11. Gasoline (Produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco)

12. Criminal (Produced by Max Martin and Shellback)

The Deluxe version of “Femme Fatale” will include four additional tracks:

13. Up N’ Down (Produced by Max Martin, Shellback and Oligee)

14. He About To Lose Me (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)

15. Selfish (Produced by Stargate, and Sandy Vee)

16. Don't Keep Me Waiting (Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins)

• Members

I wonder why the Stargate/Sandy Vee song didn't make the main album, but made the Deluxe version. They've had a string of hit songs recently (and are responsible for keeping Rihanna's career going). As I mentioned in the producers thread, they do the type of commercial dance/pop music that doesn't always annoy me and isn't always interchangeable.

Rihanna's Only Girl and S&M, both Stargate/Sandy Vee songs, were both songs Britney could have done very well. That's the type of commercial fun dance/pop I wish she was doing again. I think it's more Sandy Vee's influence though, because Stargate weren't doing that kind of dance/pop before they started working with him.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Administrator

Not bad, but it does sound like a Key-Dollar Sign-Ha song, especially the 'oooohh...ooooh....ohh....ohhh' and the stuttering.

I prefer Dr.Luke's pop/pop rock sound than is electro/dance sound. I was hoping to see Dr.Luke produce more pop for Britney electro/dance.

I hate when great songs are on the deluxe because it means the won't get released as singles. Like on the Circus album, "Quicksand" and "Trouble" are such awesome songs.

• Members

I love those songs from Rihanna. I can't get enough of Only Girl. I love the beat/dance to the song. It's burning my Ipod up....lol

I do too Toups.

As for 1. Till The World Ends (Produced by Dr. Luke, Max Martin and Billboard)....I love it!! It's miles better than her first single.

• Members

I am not Rihanna's biggest fan, but yes, those songs are great radio/dance-pop hits. They are nothing groundbreaking, but Rihanna's management and record label know how to market her singles, and they don't always sound the same or are a total carbon copy of each other.

Rihanna has had the most top 10 hits and #1 hits of any female artist since 2000. I think that's partly a testament to Stargate for keeping her singles relevant and radio friendly. Sandy Vee has definitely added to the Euro-pop feel of their recent stuff though, and I think it has been for the better.

I wonder why the Stargate/Sandy Vee song didn't make Britney's main album, but only the Deluxe edition. Maybe it was a last minute thing and just a filler song? I doubt it though. If she wanted to do fun dance/pop that's radio friendly and not so generic, she should have done more stuff with them, IMO.

Hold It Against Me was originally written for Katy Perry, and Till The World Ends was definitely something Ke$ha never got to record for herself...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yes it is.

I don't think there has been a Rihanna song I havent liked. I agree..Britney should do more pop/dance hits like she did at the beginning of her career. Her new single does have Kesha writen all over it. She should count her lucky stars Kesha didnt get the song.

I cant see Katy singing Hold it Against me....lol

• Members

Rihanna has really crafted herself a nice, cozy corner in in the pop music market. She virtually has no competition right now in that edgier, dance, pop music right now.... I love alot of Rihanna songs. Like I mean in general she is obviously competing with Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha.... but she does have her own unique sound that sets her apart from all those others. Probably why whenever she does release a single, its a global hit. She has an amazing production team.