Britney Spears Thread

Toups

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It sure has... I don't mind it. It's kinda Blackout II which IMHO was a smart move -- decent production (mostly anyway--will.I.am is the worst), impersonal songs, dance beats. I actually thought Circus made a mistake by throwing in the "personal" component (not to mention ballads). Keep in mind that I've never been a huge fan (and seeing her Circus tour--even at no cost--really kinda offended me just cuz she didn't even seem to be trying to dance anymore, no one expected her to sing)--but it's a fun record to put on when you're drinking with friends (is that a recommendation?)

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Again I'm not the one to ask--I never bought the Britney/Madonna comparison for instance. I think it's her moving into the orbit she'll exist in--hardcore fans, gay clubbers, etc. I think the material's solid--the problem is she can't perform it anymore--even in her recent video there's a dance break with edits every 15 seconds, and she just doesn't seem to be going for it--and dance was always her strongpoint. But I mean--who do you see as relevent music wise now to compare it with?

• Members

I can't say anything on the album stands out to me after the first listen. It just sounds a little too "samey" but again, this is Britney, so you can pretty much always expect that.

The album was clearly designed for today's top 40 radio climate, but in some way, the production again doesn't sound as contemporary as it should.

I suppose it's a fun album to just hang out and dance with friends with over drinks. So, I totally agree with Eric on his similar point.

I hope the 5 tracks on the Deluxe edition are better...

And yeah, I do think a lot of her fanbase has shifted more to the gay community and those who followed her from the beginning as opposed to more casual listeners.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Well, nothing wrong with being niche. Everything is nichey, it's just the matter of size – how big that niche is. To quote The Financial Times, "Barry Manilow, the Mills and Boon of popular music" :lol: is niche, but he managed to endure all these years. If Britney is wise, and she did reinvent herself in a way, she may have the same fate.

But good, if Y&RWorldTurner loves it this much, it shouldn't be bad at all.

Edited by Sylph

• Members

No, I don't "love it" at all. It's not as bad as it could have been, but it's not that great either. It's sort of middle of the road.

Basically, the only way to enjoy this album IMO, is amongst friends when it's playing in the background at a party, or when you're drunk. It's not really an album I can see myself listening to alone and without the help of a little inebriation.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

why would you ever listen to britney sober and alone? lol. honestly, britney rihanna, all of them.. i only listen to them when out or with friends. sometimes ill bump it in the car but i usually prefer 80's power ballads. lol.

i like the album, a lot. its very good, solid and you can actually hear her singing. It is far from blackout but it much better than circus.