Y&R: TV Guide Confirms JG is out and his replacement!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, crap.

Don't care about fabulous things he did on GL back when Bush 1 was in the WH. I just think about the last year of Santa Barbara and "Reva Walker" eating the show alive... and I seethe.

The idea of Y&R + blinding lighting makes me queasy.

• Members

I'm just trying to rile you up, but it's interesting that you say that despite most of his eras since being overlit campy messes (that did do well in ratings) to outright messes with no thougth to writing--yet you often dont' seem to think other soap execs and writers who have had great first periods and then flop eras since deserve much of a chance :P

I admit--this is a strange fit but I agree with Sylph--it's not surprising to anyone paying attention. I do wonder if this means Y&R will give up for good its infamous dimly lit "mood" look.

How much SB have you seen? I always thought youw er eyounger than me. I admit I think I'd love the early years when it was known for its classic, high quality theatrical writing that often was clever campy (before JER ruined campy soaps for us all :( )

• Members

A fair amount. I have five eight hour tapes full i bought off the internet that is just random. One tape is from around the start of the show. Another one is all Eileen Davidson era episodes. One is the final epsiodes, and two are very Kim Zimmer centric.

I seen Robert Newmans episodes via youtube.

I am far from able to really go in depth on SB but ive seen more thna bit but not a lot.

• Members

Yes it is! :lol: It is because you are a JEVA fanboy! And you adore Kim "There's NO bidness! Like SHOW bidness!" Zimmer! Repent! :lol:

Different strokes for different folks. I loved the Capwells and SB from 1984-1991. Rauch could have been a good EP... if only he'd had his own soap. Which is what he clearly seemed to be turning SB into. A brand-new show.

• Members

Nu-uh. Don't you pull that "i wuv you cat" stuff with me, jp! My head is pounding just thinking about the shreik-off between Chapman, Zim and Wright. DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP.

The only thing that calms me is that Y&R loves the vets it already has right now and isn't really ready to start adding a whole lot of female newbies. Plus KZ keeps dropping hints about returning to OLTL. Yeah, you go, girl! Go be Echo. And Guza and Frons have a hard-on for LW's Carly. So, phew! Hopefully crisis averted.

Sweet jaysus. I love Y&R -- an awful lot. But Snarly in particular would drive me away. :(

Archived