Y&R: Week of September 1, 2008

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully there is a reason for the quick downfall of --"you can call me Victor "--Adam. I want Adam to refuse to give back the power he inherited (since he's soooo smart he can find a way)Heather can help him. Just think how juicy the fight would be between TGVN and CMV .

Don't know about anybody else buuuuut--- I'm so tired of the bickering between Jil/Katherine. ITS TIME FOR ONE OF THEM TO OFFER UP THE TRIED AND TRUE B I T C H SLAP.

CMV= call me Victor

• Members

She was wasted on AMC. As Frankie she had interesting writing and could have had awesome storylines but then she was killed and brought back as Maggie who was Frankie's twin. Maggie had very crappy writing and they hardly used Liz more than a prop for the show so it's very nice to see her on a show that can actually write for her. Ditto for Amelia who when first appeared on AMC went head to head with Liza Colby (played by Marcy Walker) but then also got crappy writing and was written all over the place (although that one scene where she beat that man up on crutches was awesome or when she slapped 3 people in one day after Jake cheated on her but still those were few and far in between). Ironically Vincent's writing on AMC seems to have been better than what he got on Y&R though it's very good he's returning without McTavish there.

• Members

GAH Amelia was sooo much more interesting when she first came to AMC. I actually miss the original four fusion girls sooo much..But as Victoria she just doesn't even try to emote...And it's strange I watched some of her early days on Y&R on youtube and she actually seemed to be trying back then and now she's just..gah..

• Members

You know, if Adam would get his head out of his ass, he would see that Victor was still teaching him even when he came down on him.

"You can tell alot about a man by what he does when no one is watching."

That is DEEP.

Adam will be back, no doubt about it. But now, it remains to be seen. Will he try to regain his father's favor.....

Or join the list as one of his enemies?

• Members

I loved that Victor wiped the floor with Adam, and it's also nice to see that Zapato is alive and kicking......

I kinda like that they didn't drag things out because that's what a lot of people probably expected them to do, and I really didn't want to see another long drawn out "Victor Is Dead/Missing/Trying To Find Himself" storylines yet again......

Oh and here's Y&R's first scene from 1973 that was mentioned last week.....

• Members

Zapato! :lol: I'm not kidding, I really love that dog. Especially now that he's lording it over everybody in the study.

Um, I definitely thought Victor's return was played too fast. BUT it was worth the price of admission just to see Pipsqueak CMV (thanks, JSROCKS) do that little girly scream and leap backwards. I must have RWed that moment about 5 times. I need an avatar!

However, seeing him banished while Prick and FauxToria smirked on? No thanks. I'm hoping the Tache gives them a bitch slap today just for being their usual smug selves. Yes, I know they are meant to be the "good children," the loyal and true ones. Their entitled smugness just rub me the wrong way. Team CallMeVictor!

Daniel Goddard worked so so hard to muster longing and desire in that scene with Lily. Maybe CK is just uncomfortable with kissing scenes? She, like AH, have a similar problem -- they get that dead-eyed look. There was more emotion in her when Lily eavesdropped on Chloe and Esther.

Liz Hendricksen is just so masterful. Can't take my eyes off her. Loved her moving into the Chancellor mansion. And is it just me, or do I get the impression that Kay actually sort of likes her?

• Members

Yes, I think Adam is going to fight. Me...I got new depth from Kay/Jill yesterday. Even though people hate the Cane-Phillip switch (me too), what is indisputable is that Kay...in 1975-1976...tried to BUY Jill's son. This was because he was Phillip II's offspring, plus Jill was an unsuitable mother. THAT IS THE SAME MOTIVATION, albeit without the fighting-over-the-same-man bit, as Jill trying to buy Chloe's son.

Having Kay point that out just tied it all together for me...and suddenly I love the bickering...because we're going to see how much Jill IS Kay's heiress. In addition, Daniel Goddard SOLD me when he said...so intensely to Jill..."after what happened to us, how can you THINK about taking a baby away from his mother?" Jill's sudden tears just showed the layers of emotion.

With Chloe now tied to Esther, and these new deeper strains...I'm not official becoming fond of this story....except (sadly) for the role of CKLily.

I was Heather Tom's greatest fan (until her current Katie arc on B&B). But right now...when Victor is being so abusive...Amelia brings a quiet, calm, winsome fragility that just touches my heart. I saw it a few times now....right after she woke up from her coma...when Sabrina was dying....and now, with Victor's return. I also saw a good bit of feistiness...most notably with Zara's photographs at the wedding, and in her dealings with Adam.

This is a DIFFERENT Victoria...but familiarity is easing my acceptance of her. She's doing a fine job in a role that increasingly touches me.

Adding the "Zapato banished to the kennels" piece really did solidify what Adam was about. And boy was it great to see him in his perch of honor in the study. It was the ONLY thing that made TGVN smile. Gosh, I love that dog, and I wish we could see him every day.

I agree. Because I EXPECTED drawn out (I expected TGVN would be "missing"

), the rapidity of this has been shocking, and has taken my breath away several times.

Daniel Goddard was amazing. I felt a lot of passion in his scene with Lily...but SOLELY because of Daniel.

Imagine if he were paired with a real actress...a mature woman. Of course, then they couldn't do this tortured "forbidden love" thing (which is the problem with the story).

Let me add for ME the revelation in this whole story is Heather. I can't figure her out, but she is NOT a nice-sweet-virtuous ingenue. She uses sex to calm her man. She tolerates violence (emotional and physical)...to get what she wants. [That makes sense...her mother was an abused woman, so it makes sense that Heather would follow in her mother's footsteps. Heather also never had a GOOD male role model, due to father absence]. She is presumptuous and not so sensitive (we knew that for a while...given how she carried herself in the DA's office...think about how she treated Daniel and Phyllis)...but the coup de grace was how QUICKLY she moved into TGVN's house (knowing the dead man wouldn't want it) and how she presumptuously offered ice tea to the 'sibs', like lady of the manor.

Even her stealing of Adam's letter, while it showed pluck, also showed boundary breaking and deceptiveness.

Not bad. Every time I see Heather, I want to see more. Like an onion, as we unpeel her, we find layers...and they don't always smell so sweet. She may be my new favorite.

• Members

^^ MarkH, those Kay-Jill scenes were the best yesterday. CMV's Dance of Fear stole the show, but Cane/Jill/Kay/Esther/Chloe kept me glued. TPTB have wisely eased the focus away from Cane-Lily's Greatest Wuv and more towards the ramifications of this baby on the "Chancellors," their house, their money.

And ITA that Cane was full of passion yesterday. And sadness because he has essentially let his fears about not getting time with "his" child ruin the happy-go-lucky existence that he had planned.

As for being paired with a mature woman? How about Cane and Ashley (ED having proven at bringing out the best in a younger acting partner)? Jill's reaction to that might be interesting... especially around the Jabot boardroom.

Re: Victoria, it is interesting what you said about AH surprising you with sudden tenderness. I saw that at the end of the gala, and I saw it yesterday in her daydream about Victor returning. And then, the daydream ended and it was back to Dead Eyes.

Your comments about Heather are very interesting. I didn't know that Heather's mother was abused -- I'm wondering if somebody (one of the Bells?) at Y&R does and that is what has informed the writing for her. She is a grey character and I'm wondering what it would take for her to turn against Adam (although I like their couple chemistry at the moment).

Archived