Y&R: Week of September 1, 2008

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair, though, what did people expect? I'm no CK fan but the story as currently written is that Cane is in love with Lily. Heck, Mr. Noble even begged her to stay with him until he divorced Chloe (and I'm surprised Lily didn't jump him right then and there because Beastmaster was kinda sexy in that scene).

• Members

Hmmm, did it? I was too busy drooling over Adam and then collecting my jaw from the floor when Victor arrived.... :lol: Although I do remember them fading out too soon. No long close-up of Victor, with the music reaching a crescendo (and, unfortunately, no EP credits after that).

• Members

Ya know, Cat....sometimes I think that I'm missing something with these two. I actually start doubting myself and think that I might give them a chance. So I go with it. I try to sit down, without prejudice, and get involved in their story. And I can't. I simply can't see it no matter how hard I want to.

I don't know how popular they are overall, but...ugh. And you're right - that's the way the story is being written and we should expect things like that to happen. But still. Ugh.

• Members

What's saddening with the Lily/Cane story (apart from no chemistry, not that good writing etc) is that DG can't hold his ground. I know many here dislike him, but he's decent enough (he does angry very well) and he's hot to boot. When he worked with JW and JC he improved, but now he's sunk. EH is trying, God that woman is trying, but she just can't lift him. Hopefully, the Esther twist will give her things to do.

Isn't the sexiness he oozes amazing? All he has to do now is to improve in emotional scenes (I think it will happen) and he'll be perfect.

• Members

The sad thing is that they even showed flashbacks of their "amazing love story" while they were away from each other. That's just desperate. As if we already didn't have enough watching it for the first time, but now they have to torture us with more?

It's a shame that Latham's couple is still there. Ugh.

• Members

MAB has been pretty good at correcting many of the mistakes LML has made, or molding them into acceptable stories. She took her sweet time at it, but she did it (there is still a lot of work to be done, but that's OK). So this gives me hope that the whole Cane/Lily thing is still going on for the sake of creating story--Chloe, the Esther reveal, and who knows what else?

I am curious if this whole school talk with Noah is going to lead to a storyline. It might be good if it does, but I think it would be cooler if they just did nothing with it . Just parents discussing their kid's future with him.

Oh, and wasn't New Orleans were Billy went to build houses with Brock?

• Members

MAB and JG managed to correct A LOT of LML's mistakes, but of course, this isn't a perfect world and therefore we still have a few mistakes to watch. I would love it if somehow Cane fell in love with Chloe or something. Anything. But it won't happen. Lily is, sadly, the queen of the teen set.

• Members

I like Chloe but what she's doing to Cane is SO wrong. It's all so WRONG! I mean if a man did this to a woman - knocked her up to get married while she was sleeping - there would be an online riot. And even if she didn't sleep with him and just pretended to (the scene where he was passed out and she hopped up on top of him like a cat about to eat her prey was icky) - it's still WRONG. The fact that people want to see Cane fall in love with her is a testament to how good EH is and how bad CK is.

Archived