Y&R: Week of September 1, 2008

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sylph, Sylph, Sylph! Always questioning the devine Melody Thomas Scott . Always insinuating she wouldn't be there if it weren't for Mr. Mumbles or her hubby/longtime executive producer. I'm appaled. :P

MTS has been very good these past 2 years and it seems she actually found her knack for acting, yet in emotional scenes she's still not that much impressing me. She's definitely become a good actress and much consitently better than some years ago. Coming from me even such a semi-critical statement about MTS feels like complete devotion, though, considering I can't that woman. But I won't get into this matter anymore.

As for the production values: they are on an upswing ever since LML and hubby got booted out of their asses but right now the wardrobe for MTS is all kinds of wrong. THe exposition of cleavage screams cheap streek hooker and doesn't reflect the story at all.

• Members

Got a chance to catch Tuesday's ep. Victor was downright hostile to Nikki! I wasn't expecting a heart-warming reunion, but man he still holds alot of anger toward her. It kinda surprised me that he said that the two of them had a "sick" love and it must die.

And IA about the changes in Adam - especially on Tuesday. I still love the character, but the writers better tread carefully here and not take him too much farther down the darker side. It was nice that he told Heather he has to be that way with everyone except her, but he was pretty rough with her for the majority of the show.

Did anyone else notice that JFE was credited as just "Janice Ferri"? Why did they drop Esser from her name? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

• Members

I just watched Thursday's US.

I love Victor's return. Love how he brought back Neil and how he berated Adam. Those scenes were great! But who was that housekeeper at Newmans?! Estella? Where is Miguel?! Since when is this Estella there?!

And the other moment of the day: Chloe comes to live with Jill and Kay!! Woohoo! This is gonna be so great! I'm glad that they mentioned why Kay didn't recognize her and how Chloe changed her name legally.

Cane and Lily sucked... I FFed that.

Good show!

• Members

I hear ya. I badly want to enjoy them because it is a love story and Y&R don't do as much of those as they do family and business. Also, Daniel Goddard looks like he is trying so hard! Which is why I sort of want him to end up with Chloe because Liz Hendricksen has total command of her character and the dialogue.

I'm going to see how the Lane kiss goes down today, but I'm not holding my breath.

:lol:

Golden Boy = Adam? I always thought Nick was Victor's golden child.

• Members

Still getting caught up on Wednesday's eppy..Loved Jill and Kay's confrontation and Kay pointing out Jill's hypocrisy in the current situation with Chloe. And just because I'm seriously in EH fanboy mode right now, I looove that that girl can hold her own with JW and JC.

• Administrator

I thought Adam's "rise to power" and Victor's return happened way too fast. Adam was like only on top for what, 2 weeks - same with Victor being dead. You have to build up both Adam and Victor's situation. Sort of like Kay Alden's "Takeover" storyline. That was brilliantly done. Victor's return should've been something like that - when he returned the shit was going to hit the fan, after long build up.

Archived