Y&R: Week of September 1, 2008

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still game for a Cane-Phyllis pairing...which they did a one-scene chemistry test on.

Janice Ferri (Esser) KNOWS the history of Y&R. She knows about the abuse storyline. With her back I am very hopeful that these historical notes will now again resonate regularly. I keep trying to contain my enthusiasm. (I don't want to fall into Carlivati-style discipledom, only to be dashed). But the show has been so FREAKING good.

I want Heather to stay with Adam NO MATTTER WHAT. No matter what he does. No matter how he treats her. Why? Because, over time, that reveals her to be a little bit sick and a little bit ambitious. Sick and ambitious...THAT is what makes an interesting soap character. Especially one with a smoking body. Because let's face it...that IS part of her incredible appeal too.

• Members

And not to mention the incredible chemistry between VB/CE. Perhaps her looks is what got her noticed in the beginning, and no doubt she is a hottie. But she has been growing as an actress lately and I hope VB continues to improve on that. Along with her, EOB and EH this show has a great set of younger actresses, IMO.

I haven't watched Thursday's show yet but that's on the agenda today. Now on Wednesday's episode, I was a little disappointed. The Nick/Vic scenes in Crimson Lights came across to be as stilted and forced. I didn't get any sense of loss from either one of them, and they were talking about letters that their dead father had left for them!

The phone call from Nikki announcing "Victor's Alive!" fell flat for me too. Is that really how Nick/Vic/Sharon/Noah would react to this news? It seemed to me that they just got a free cup of coffee. And then to span out across GC to Restless Style and Newman Enterprises sharing that with Jack/Brad/Whomever just didn't seem to fit.

The ending though? Loved it. Adam and Heather makin out on the couch and Heeeere's Victor!

• Members

Adam's reaction to Victor was awesome. I think CE sold that one completely.

Although I don't like Adam out on his ear, he'll be back (hopefully). I liked the way he left the Ranch without saying one word to the sappy siblings. And what's up with the smirks? Ugh. Well, keep on smirkin, Nick and Vic. Adam will be back to wipe them off your faces soon.

Another good ending. Chloe was great. "Who will be showing me to my room?" :)

• Members

I thought you might like. Dee took care of me--I've always been a Liz girl, but now that I'm watching Y&R full time again, I'm sooo loving Vail. Never thought I would.

I'm glad they had the Chloe moment out on the steps---showing the other side of her, not always so secure.

I love Victor walking in on Heather and Adam. I didn't think I would when I read about it, but the moment so worked for me.

• Members

I was just going to say! That was a very human moment. If I were emotionally blackmailing some rich dude into being my babydaddy and his wealthy bitch family, I would probably be taking deep breaths myself before waltzing in with some new power play.

• Members

I find Lily and Cane the most boring part of the story. CK is a weak actress most of the time and DG is merely adequate although at least he seems to want to be a better actor from what I have read. To me the interesting dynamic is between Chloe, Jill and Katherine with an assist from Esther. In a way I want it revealed that Billy is the real father so Cane and Lily can go away into their own story and be boring together and I will happily FF. Than I can watch the real drama and some strong actresses interacting when I watch Chloe, Jill and Katherine.

I loved that little scene outside of the estate. Chloe is putting on a big act acting like she doesn't care about anything and yet I see a really interesting story in her past. She is whip smart and we see glimpses of insecurity. We need to see more about that. They can go so many places with Chloe and I think Kay likes her. Kay finds someone like Chloe far more interesting than her dufus of a grandson and his pollyanna girlfriend Lily. Think of all the young, smart yet edgy/snarky young women she has mentored over the years from Jill and Lauren to Amber and now hopefully Chloe.

• Members

I'm new. Nice to meet you all. These are my random opinions of the show thus far.

The bad

I don't know where to begin. Boring storylines, bad actors, waste of good actors, boring couples.

• They need to undo Jill and Katherine being mother/daughter. Waste of JC and JW chemistry as adversaries.
  • Newmans - Josh Morrow, Amelia Heinle - bad, bad actors. Esp AH - She sucks as Vicki. Bring back Heather Tom.
  • Heather/ Vail Bloom - pretty but zero sex appeal. Bad actress. Terrible with Chris Engen. Same for Tammin S.
  • Burn down Restless style. Send Jack back to Jabot. Sharon is obsessed with every man except for her husband. Get her a new man because Jack is not working and Shick is like watching paint dry.
  • Lane - I know they have the fans... but they are the new Shick. Get them off my screen. Bring back Davetta Sherwood.
  • Get rid of Amber - fast forward material.
  • Ditto Gloria - waste of airtime. Jeffrey can stay.
  • What the heck have they done to Kevin? Bring back Adrianne and let's see Colleen/Kevin. Jana is ok.. but whatevs.

The good

• Latham is gone.... but Hogan Sheffer? Bring back Kay Alden.
  • Chloe - A bit psycho but entertaining and atleast she keeps Lane apart.
  • Adam - Crappy writing but actor is v. good.
  • Yay for Eileen coming back. Too bad Jerry Douglas can't come back. Latham needs to be burned for killing off John Abbott.

Other

• Give Likey a better storyline.
  • Give Phyllis a decent story. I want to see Kay Alden's version of Phyllis. Phick - great chemistry, great actress, but Phick need a good storyline or Phyllis should dump Nick and get herself a new man.
  • Too bad we can't see David Tom/Ash Bash on our screens. Great couple. No clue if Billy Miller is any good.
  • I miss Miguel!
  • Get Jack a woman - bring back Diane. Poor chap needs to be happy for a change.
  • Dru - miss her. Neil needs to be front burner. Karen - boring.
  • Bring back Nina, Traci.
  • Daniel needs a better storyline. Graz is good.
  • Victor needs to stop winning every single time.

• Members

Hi Snickerdoodle and welcome........:)

I used to like Kay Alden's writing too until she became head writer on B&B, that show is a mess in it's own right. HS is doing pretty decently right now and a heck of a lot better then LML, but things could be better.....

One weird thing I noticed on Wednesday's show one minute Jack was in Victor's office at Newman making the advertising deal with Adam, then in the very next scene with Amber and Daniel at Restless Style Jack was there too........ :blink:

Archived