Generations Discussion Thread

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know if anyone can judge how Dorothy was in the role she since she only played it the last weeks of the soap.

However, she was significantly younger than Pat C.  So I could buy her as Sam's mom age wise...but didn't her character have another child..who had a child close to Sam's age?

From what I saw, I did see dorothy trying to shake off the Opal/Naomi mannerisms.  She did seem colder than Pat's version of the character.

• Members

Thanks for those Gems I was really curious to be fair it's because I was watching Dynasty and Pat was the only Good Thing on Season 7 after her character was off everything went Downhill, I thought she was really competent so I wanted to get a look at her tenure on Generations BUT I had a hard time finding anything

• Members

Rebecca had a daughter named Laura (Gail Ramsey), who was the mother of Monique (Nancy Sorel). Monique and Sam (Kelly Rutherford) were around the same age. Dorothy Lyman is just about one year older than Gail Ramsey. Rebecca also had a son, JD (Gerard Prendergast). They were planning to bring JD back right before the show was cancelled.

• Members

To my memory, Nancy Sorel was the weakest link in that chain.  Her style (80s helmet hair and oversized blazers) and demeanor made her seem much older than Sam or Adam.  I always forgot that she was Laura's daughter, rather than her sister, because she acted so mature.

It was a pretty good interview. Alan isn't as ultra uptight with the non P&G soaps. It also helped that the interviewees carried the interview.  Alan got bitchy. Because Jonelle device was giving a bit of an echo. They spoke about both Kristoff and Anthony. And of course the classic catfight between Doreen and Maya.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

It was a good interview with a very enthusiastic panel. I liked what they said about Generations paving the way for Empire and Tyler Perry's shows, and how different things became in society since the Obamas. This is one soap that I could see working as a reboot.

Edited by amybrickwallace