DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, I almost wish you hadn't said this. Because there is a Y&R element here (hope, hope, hope), I now will have a knot in my stomach until the next shoe drops.

Of course, I want them ALL back to Y&R. The universe isn't right until this gets repaired. But I fear the reality is we're going to lose all these people from daytime forever. The options for other jobs are few, so if their bridges are burned Y&R...we've lost them.

Honestly, I think Gary Tomlin HAS to fire them. Their loyalties were to Scott...that is clear. A new leader just CAN'T be surrounded by so many loyalists to the old regime.

Poor Days. Several folks commented on a recent quality upsurge. Do you think this is over now?

D*ck. Tease. Just kidding :).

My hopeful side is with you Sylph...but my realistic side says were going to lose them all from daytime.

• Members

GT kept OLTL up in the ratings, throughout the entire writer's strike and wrote very well for some pretty crappy characters that hadn't had good lines in years. He gave us B*tchy Adrianna, a more useful Cristian, a John/Todd faceoff....this man saved OLTL's May sweeps....

• Members

Wow, isn't this a nice shocker to ready first thing in the morning! ;)

I don't know what to say about this exactly, I hope Tomlin will be a good fit for DAYS...

The thing that I'm mostly interested in is the second firing that's about to come.... I PRAY that Griffith is out at Y&R.... I guess we'll have to see.

And wow, Tomlin surely does a lot of work... just recently he stopped directing, turned to writing, and now back to producing...

• Members

Didn't Gary Tomlin and JER work together on Passions?

I have mixed feelings about this. With both GT and Dena there expect the camp to be turned up to 100%. Ugh and Chris Whitesell too? Yeah DAYS will be a combination of PSSNS/SuBe/Early 2000s OLTL by the end of the year.

Yeah it could have been much worse during the writer's strike at OLTL, but Tomlin dropped the Allison Perkins story and Adrianna's 180 came out of nowhere proving to be totally plot driven. I enjoyed some of the decisions he made but it did get a bit boring with him as he focused alot more on Starr/Cole.

I don't see this as such a scandal as everyone makes it out to be. Imagine how less destructive Higley's tenure on OLTL would have been if she had a EP that interferred? Now with Scott gone, who knows what that woman has cooked up for the cast. Perhaps we'll see the return of the mysterious goop.

• Members

I will say this Gary Tomlin is not a bad choice. He is not the visionary Ed Scott is for DAYS. Tomlin has worked for NBC before, he was executive producer of Sunset Beach it's entire run. Also he executive produced OLTL from 2001 to early 2003. He came in after JFP and I will say something while I did not love everything he did, it was a much needed relief after the doldrums of the JFP years. The show was lightened up and was alot better. He did win OLTL it's only daytime emmy for best show as executive producer. He was then let go and Frank Valentini took over. Tomlin did head write during the strike and has been an occasional script writer on the writing team. He is better at producing then writing a show.

Archived