DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Administrator

I was so afraid Ken would rehire "Special Effects" Wyman if Scott was going to be fired.

I think we're going to lose them. They are such great additions to the productions. :(

Not really at Passions. Gary just directed episodes. They worked together a Sunset Beach when JER was a Story Consultant (1998 material).

Or Passions! :P I wonder what ex-Sunset Beach/Passions production staff are going to show up.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, that's the most professional report I've ever read by Branco. Don't get me wrong, I'm entertained by his tabloid-ish style and his quips (although I have a hard time separating them from the real facts sometimes). But this was surprisingly quip-free, and he's not a bad writer when he buckles down and gets serious.

• Members

^^^ Sorry to be off-topic, but I don't understand how anyone can make a judgment call on DeCazotte one way or the other. I mean, so much of Passions was Reilly-driven - the man had complete creative control. How is there any way to know whether DeCazotte is a strong EP or not?

I'm not saying she isn't. Just genuinely curious where the love for her comes from.

• Members

All I know is Lisa De Cazotte got everything done at Passions, no matter how ridiculous the plot was.

However, her lighting is very Paul Rauch-like, meaning bright as and tacky looking as hell. That's no surprise though, she worked closely with Rauch at OLTL and then at SB.

From what we know, it seems like she just sticks to producing, and while that's good, I also think an EP should be a strong overall show-runner. They shouldn't be rewriting the writer's stories, but they should be allowed to "adjust" storylines, kill storylines that aren't going anywhere, and try to balance out the weaker tendencies of the writers.

• Members

I would love to see Ed Scott take over GH, that would be great. I just want JFP out of a job. Lisa DeCozette is supposed to be a good exec producer, her staff loves her. She started her career at OLTL and was here for years and years before moving over to AMC and then went to Sunset Beach and then Passions. Passions was all James Reilly, her job was to put it on the screen.

• Administrator

Lisa's lighting was never as bright as Paul's.

But how do you know she won't do all those things? At Passions, Jim Reilly co-owned the show. Her job is the put on screen what the HW puts on paper. You know the old saying, "Let the producers produce, the writers write, the directors direct, and the audience watch."

Once GH: NS is over, I could see Gary bringing her in as Supervising Producer - which she was at Sunset Beach before leaving for Passions.

• Members

Well, DAYS did turn a bit GH-lite during Scott's final few months. I mean the mob was brought on, and the show used that hideous dock set more than enough. For some reason, I can just see Scott loving to produce the mob material, and those larger than life sweeps stunts GH does.

And if Scott was the one writing the stuff on DAYS to make it more GH-lite in the mob aspect, who knows how that will flow if he went over to GH.

• Members

It was still too bright for my taste. Passions had the brightest lighting of any soap, barring maybe that hidesous white lighting Julie uses on AMC.

How do you know she will? ;)

You mean all 5 people who watched Passions? ;)

J/K, I see what your saying, but at the same time, if one department isn't holding up well, someone should have the authority to step in and make changes.

I still very much doubt she'll find another EP job in daytime though and we don't know how she'll fare at any other soap. Even at GH:NS, she seems let Sri Rao do whatever he wants, not that anything is wrong with that. She seems to be a very well-liked person who doesn't treat her staff like crap.

I can see that too, but they haven't woked together for a while, so who knows. I still think it will be some time before Noel Maxam is fired or leaves.

Archived