DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Members

That's exactly what I meant. :huh:

No one knew if she went Fi-Core during the strike, as DAYS didn't list anyone in the credits (unlike the other soaps, which listed their fi-core writers). It wasn't until the strike ended did we know for certain that she did go fi-core. We know she most likely did so because of Hinsey outing her and the actors claiming her to be the show's new HW. She definitely wasn't fi-core until the final weeks of the strike though.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, darn.

I thought Ed Scott and his team did great work on Days.

But Gary Tomlin presided over SuBe which, in some ways, had a lot in common with Days.

We'll see... but a part of me is hoping Ed Scott lands on his feet.

• Members

People are going nuts about this scandal, and it could be a blessing in disguise. Who knows? The show may thrive.I think DOOL will leave the air in the very near future, and not because it's the worst in daytime- but because it's the only soap on NBC----they don't want any soaps. I don't see how people are blaming what is going down in the executive positions as the reason for its demise. This has been a collective contribution from the entire industry.

I also think the presence of DOOL and GL are hampering people's ability to look at soaps as anything other than terminally ill shows.

Too many John McBains masquerading as fans out there, want to save this show...but if NBC don't want it...maybe another network can pick it up....please no hate mail.

• Members

Again, if both Scott and allegedly Griffith (though Nelson has yet to name the other big firing he's hinted at) were fired for the same reason, I don't see Sony ever allowing one or the other back to one of their soaps.

Ed Scott can stay away from Y&R. If Griffith is indeed out, I say they should rehire David Shaughnessy. The last thing Y&R needs is another unethical producer to bring even more shame to the show. Ed Scott's reputation is forever tarnished, I'd be very surprised if he finds work again, but then again, daytime television is a very incestuous pool.

• Members

Gary Tomlin was not A Director on Passions from 2003-2008 because Gary Tomlin was A Writer on One Life To Live at least Last Fall During the Writer's Strike and even now I see his Name maybe something like Once A Week on One Life To Live. I don't know Anything, but I thought that Gary Tomlin was A Producer Right before He became A Writer on One Life To Live. I Read that Gary Tomlin was Supposed to become the Executive Producer on All My Children when Charles Pratt became the Head Writer and Julie Carruthers was going over to SoapNet. It looks like They Changed Their Mind about That. I don't know how they do things, but I would think that People can't just Jump around and be on More than One Show At A Time. In Other Words, Gary Tomlin Can't be A Director on Passions, but then go Write Once A Week on One Life To Live. Jody

• Members

Jody, the only reason why Tomlin was still a director for Passions while he was writing for OLTL was because PSSN was airing only three times a week. He stopped directing for PSSN before he joined the writing team at OLTL, but his episodes were still airing on DirecTV.

• Members

I would love Ed Scott to return to Y&R but he was let go and Bloom was never a big fan of his. CBS fired him before in 2001 and were not itching to have him back. My dream would be Ed Scott takes over GH, he would kill it over there. I just was the biatch known as JFP unemployed.

Archived