DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quirky destroyed Days.

When days was great it was a romantic adventurous show with family friends.

Quirky and camp ruined Days for me for a long time

I returned for Steve and Kayla and the HOPE that Days would return

Ed Scott gave me hope

Dena and this mess leaves me with little hope for Days. Corday seems to want to ruin all chances of a return to greatness

• Members

One might say the romantic adventure stories of the 80's ruined DAYS as well. After all, the 70's are widely regarded as DAYS' true golden era, and then the focus was squarely on everyday life issues.

That's just the thing with DAYS, more so than any other show, it has had so many identities that it doesn't know what it wants to be anymore. Each fanbase wants something different, and DAYS probably has the most fanbases out of any show I've followed.

• Members

Yeah, I'm one of those who believes in Lauren's talent. On DAYS it's hard to see it because of the sh*t she has to do. But there have been times (when the Kiriakis mansion burned with Lucas inside, John and Kate's affair on the roof, Sami's Wedding Day to Franco among others) where Lauren took material that was 'meh' and made it something cool.

That's the way I describe Koslow: cool. She was cool on B&B and Y&R too. Her best work, of course, was at B&B. Lauren had this chemistry with the cast at B&B that was just sensational. The character she played, Margo Lynley, was Stephanie's real rival, it was only after Koslow left that Bell placed Brooke between Eric and Stephanie, he had no choice, Lauren was gone and it didn't seem like she'd be back. I really believe that if DAYS were to end tomorrow Lauren should call Brad Bell and Kay Alden, Margo Lynley (and her son Mark) are two characters who could really enliven B&B.

Hopefully, Gary Tomlin will allow Rogers and Koslow to show what they're made of, they really are fantastic.

Archived