DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Members

Can I join the love-fest? :D As for the "In what world are you living?" - yes, it was rather harsh, but it wasn't written in that angry, offensive kind of way. It was just a sentence with no hidden meanings.

If he were ever to return to daytime - and I'm still trying to figure out whether he will and with what certainty - he would never ever be an exeutive producer, maybe supervising producer tops, and he would have a very, very restrictive contract with lots of penalties for bad behaviour.

And I appreciate your support of the strike. Which the writers, sadly, lost.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh, no problem! :) Although a few writers appear to have been liberated in small ways since the strike: Sara Bibel, Tom Casiello, Karen Harris... Liberated by the internet! Probably only a handful, though, when compared with those who completely lost their livelihoods. But hopefully it will give inspiration to others about launching some of their writing/producing careers via the web -- after all, that was the basis for the strike in the first place.

Perhaps the battle was lost but the war is yet to be won?

• Members

TC may have been liberated by the Internet, but he still was illegally fired after he legally took part in a strike action & there won't be any action on his & other's case against DAYS until November! So, working, being paid what he is legally owed, etc. might rival :D the magnificent voluntary blogger that emerged.

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 19 2008, 04:41 PM)
TC may have been liberated by the Internet, but he still was illegally fired after he legally took part in a strike action & there won't be any action on his & other's case against DAYS until November! So, working, being paid what he is legally owed, etc. might rival :D the magnificent voluntary blogger that emerged.

Yeah, "voluntary". We've got to get these folks paid...and we've got to get them jobs.

TommieCas is usually pretty self-deprecating...but anyone with his level of passion for soaps should BE in soaps.

• Members

Honestly, this was very, very mean. Very. <_< Extremely. Because I was typing, like, five or six posts at once. And I can be excused. You, however, being the policeman and investigating my typos... That's just mean. I could pull the list of your typos out of my sleeve, you know.

• Members

I love this post. Love it love it love it. While we're going nuts over typos and whether WGA violations are absolutely wrong and so forth...babygurl lays out the core issue :)! Thank you babygurl!

LOL. She seemed pretty in that photospread. :)

Didn't Ken Corday do enough foot-sticking with his AWFUL and ungracious goodbye press release for Scott? Or maybe, in this case, he INTENDED his foot to be in his mouth. No love lost there, it seems.

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 19 2008, 05:32 PM)
And, the interview was about Daytime Does Obama Undies & some more questions just got in there, too. He asked both DAYS people who were being photographed in the Obama undies to comment. One got out of it gracefully; one didn't really say a lot, but, ...

Yes, I concur. But I find it funny that all of us rushed over to that underwear site.

By the way, I have some BIG pictures of that underwear shoot :) :). If we want to focus on what is important :). Not Days. Not WGA. Not even Obama. Just underwear :).

Archived