DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Members

Word.

Deidre's such a ham anymore I could slap her on my table for Christmas dinner. Meanwhile, Alfonso has moments of greatness, but I wish I could see the same "charm" with her in each episode that I see in the older episodes. As for Drake, I grew tired of his eternal fart-sniffing method acting years ago.

Suzanne Rogers is pretty much the only lady at Days who gives her all in any scene she's in, no matter how throwaway it may be. Koslow's pretty awesome, too.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The second biggest crime in daytime right now (right behind Nancy Curlee's early retirement) is Suzanne Rogers' lack of story.

That woman can sell anything. The fact that she's relegated to "glorified extra" status is disgusting. If I'm not mistaken, she's the last Emmy win for a Days actor, no? And she won back when the Emmys actually had something to do with talent.

• Members

The last acting Emmy win for DAYS was Billy Warlock for Younger Actor back in 1988.

However, Suzanne Rogers is the ONLY contract Emmy winner at DAYS, and she holds the distinction of being the FIRST WINNER EVER in the Supporting Actress category, when the category was first established back in 1979.

• Members

The last time she had anything substantial was in late 2003 when the Salem Serial Killer story was just kicking off. I thought she was awesome in those hospital scenes with Deidre when she was trying to describe the killer's identity. She took something that could've come across as very cheesy/stupid and turned into something that felt truly terrifying. I'll never forget the tears I cried when I saw her propped up against the kitchen cabinets with blood dripping down her face as Marlena whacked her over and over with the whiskey bottle.

She was robbed of a Supporting Actress Emmy nomination in 2004, IMO. She really sold that storyline in the early months.

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 20 2008, 04:56 PM)
Totally agree about Rogers & about DAYS actors who once were good or better than good in the past but aren't anymore & haven't been in a long time.

But, didn't Billy Warlock win their last acting Emmy?

Did he? I don't remember. You might be right... I just remember reading somewhere at some point that Suzanne was the last acting win, but who knows if that was right?! :D

I couldn't agree more, Kenny. That Halloween episode where Maggie "died" only worked so well because of Suzanne. As far as I'm concerned, she's the only "victim" from that storyline who brought it from camp, to reality. As much as I love Ashford, that wink to the camera totally brought me out of the moment.

• Members

I believe it was Billy Warlock, back in 1987. I believe that Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso, Diedre Hall, Lauren Koslow, Joe Mascolo, Thaao Phenglis, Leanne Hunley, James Reynolds, Renee Jones , Suzanne Rogers, Stephen Nichols, Mary Beth Evans and Peggy McKay could be put up against any of the vets on any of the other 7 soaps currently on television. Notice i didnt say Drake Hogestyn, I dont hate him, but hes not one of my favorites.

Chris

• Members

so. much. word.

Suzanne can sell anything, and unlike most evts on most shows it is not because she is a vet. It is because she is a powerhouse of an actress who will take anything and go above and beyond. Its a damn shame that DAYS has nopt brought back Sarah or Melissa.

The last time she really had something was during the SSK - and if days were smart they would have killed Mickey and let Maggie struggle with falling off the wago - then everyone is alive and after she is reuinited with him he has a heart attack or something and that pushs her over the edge.

Before that it was the storyline with Brady, and before that Lucas. Along with Tuscany. I think.

I think Suzanne is the only Emmy winning actress on contract at Days. But im pretty sure Billy Worlock and LeAnn H. won after she did, but i could be wrong.

All in all? Suzanne is Love. An amazing actress. And beautiful. And without doubt the most underused actress on soaps.

• Members

Suzanne Rogers is the greatest actress to ever hit DAYS in my view. She's the only Emmy winner on contract and sells the sh*t out of each and every line she's given, regardless of how throwaway they usually are. The SSK storyline was magic for Suzanne, she didn't miss a beat, her scenes were truly terrifying, I forgot I was watching Suzanne Rogers, I believed in Maggie Horton's fear. THAT, ladies and gents, is talent.

Lauren Koslow is also awesome, she's also a convincing seller, some of the crap she's had to say over the last 12 years has been mind boggling, but Koslow sells it. Thank God.

• Members

I wasn't impressed with Suzanne's performance during the SSK story (I still thought it was cheesy as heck), but I don't doubt that she was great back when the writing was there. Why isn't there any old footage of her on YouTube or in flashbacks? The ONLY '70s footage I've seen is bits of Doug and Julie's wedding, Sam/Marlena, and a whole episode with a woman who burned her hands on purpose, which seems to be gone now. None of it has Maggie, MartyMickey, or CrazyMickey. Damn, I really want to see CrazyMickey.

Archived