DAYS: Ed Scott FIRED! Gary Tomlin HIRED!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couldn't one argue that "loopy off the wall" has become a Days trademark? If yes...I'm all about shows being what they are...what someone else here yesterday called "distinct identities". It seems to be all about the fit of the creative team with the legacy product they are stewarding.

After decades with the Bell machine, one is not so surprised that Ed Scott didn't last in that schizophrenogenic environment. That said, I have concerns that Ed himself might not be the easiest to work with.

• Members

I do not believe we will hear anything for a while...I have no faith.

I know what I want to happen, but my thoughts are nostalgic. They are about restoring a Y&R creative team that existed in early 2005, more or less. Which is stupid, because that team had some problems...and because it will never happen. But as I watch Y&R fail to EVEN maintain the momentum of the "Impact" (total downhill after 08/06/08...especially with the STUPIDEST TRIANGLE/PREGNANCY EVER WRITTEN IN THE HISTORY OF THAT SHOW NOW FRONT-BURNER)...I keep thinking a team with some skills is needed.

And then, I watch B&B and I hear about DOOL, where most of the people I'm fantasizing about have perched, and I see what messes both are...and I think my nostalgia is ill-placed.

So then I feel it is all hopeless, and I go searching for the emergency Prozac dose :).

• Members

Watch the viewer numbers. Credibility with fans is also lacking. The loss of companion soaps, promotion, and the much-announced claim that DOOL might soon be cancelled...all have done their damage.

That said, I don't see (from our trend analysis) evidence that Days is declining at a faster rate.

The whole industry disappears. Really, it doesn't matter what else is going on. The industry itself is evaporating.

Archived