2008 Summer Olympic Games

Toups

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yes it was priceless.

And he nearly made me cry as he realised that he won the gold and everyone went up to congratulate him.

Did you know that he is also openly gay. I love the fact that he hasn't hid his sexuality.

I am so proud of my Aussie team and every other athlete's that made it and did their countries proud.

• Members

He almost had me tearing too.

I heard them mention him leaving diving for personal/family reasons. I figured it was because of him coming out. But wasnt sure. Glad he hasnt hid his sexuality.

He was one of my favorites going in with the two Americans. I was hoping he would dethrone the Chinese men from claiming all the golds in diving.

I am really happy for him. :)

• Members

Made me nearly cry as well.

Can't believe today is the last day. Olympics always go by so fast

ETA: I'm really looking forward to the London presentation/introduction. The presentation/introduction, of the next Olympic host city, is my favorite part of the closing ceremony

• Members

Damn, China went all out for this Olympics! They wanted this for so long, and mainly because of political reasons, they had to wait years to get this opportunity. You could just feel the love, care, and pride China had in hosting these games. They poured everything into both the opening and closing ceremonies. This Olympics definitely had the most elaborate and plush opening and ending I've ever seen.

Archived