SOD Feature: Nine Recasts who Proved to be Miscasts!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A few months ago, I was reading posts from RATS about the time that Ann Hamilton started as Mindy. It was pretty hysterical. Boy did they not like her. It was a bit like the Andrew Ridings situation on AMC, commenting on physical qualities of the actress. It was inevitable that she would get the boot two months later.

• Members

Christina Chambers would have made for a better Tea than a Marty. Or if they ever brought back that awful Roseanne Delgado creature, I'd welcome CC with open arms as a recast. I couldn't *STAND* the way that girl would say "Crusshhun" (Cristian)...

• Members

Heres another choice. How about Marie-Alise Recasner as Ellen Burgess on Port Charles. She was the show's worst recast and such a letdown after Debbie Morgan's portrayal of the role.

Oh he most definetly was. Of all the actors to play JR, he was by far the worse. He was such a downgrade from Jesse McCartney and Jonathan Bennet who came before him. My main problem with AR was that he was so unappealing. He lacked any charm or personality. He was just so "ewwww". It was nauseating watching him onscreen and it didnt help that he was paired with that bland Laurie who didnt help matters. That whole teen set sucked. The only one I cared for was Micah Alberti as Jamie

I thought CC was a huge Marty miscast when I first heard the news and in many ways still feel she was miscast even though I loved her Marty. IA about her being Tea. I scratched my head wondering WTH OLTL was doing by giving her the Marty role instead of Tea, which would ahve been better suited for her

• Members

Me too.

I see ALL the problems you see with CKLily. Until recently, this didn't bother me because it fit (for me) with pampered/spoiled/Parisian model's daughter/princess.

Now, as her life experiences have gotten worse and worse (Kevin, mother dying, husband cheating, Chloe), I agree that she should have a harder, darker edge.

But I STILL think CKLily is better than DSLily because she can EMOTE. She has physical, facial and vocal range. DSLily was pretty much a monotone (I think this was because they intimidated her, constantly telling her to suppress her New York accent).

I WOULD like Lily to have more than an edge. If CKLily can do it, I would accept a TALENTED recast...but not DSLily. That said, while the recast can have a darker, cynical core...SHE MUST COME ACROSS as someone with a Parisian upbringing and education. That "European culture" thing MUST shine through...because that is the reality of the character.

• Members

Here's how I feel about Emily Harrison & Christina Chambers. Both had a look that resembled their characters but they weren't given a chance. Especially Harrison. I think that this is a very ugly/dark side of daytime. It's like if you're not good enough or better to play the part like the way the previous actor did, then have fun finding a job.

• Members

I have to disagree about Heather Rattray and Tracy Middendorf. I thought Tracy played Carrie Brady w/ more of an edge. And Heather was a more than capable MB replacement.

For ATWT, I most definitely would say Glynnis O'Connor was a miscast as Margo. Blech! For DAYS' worst miscast, most definitely Charity Rahmer :lol: She was Hor.rI.Ble. :huh:

• Members

Actually, I would prefer Heather Rattray over Noelle Beck. Noelle is lovely, and a good actress, but she just isn't Lily. Everything she says sounds so fake, and she has zero chemistry with Holden or Lucinda. Please come back, Martha. Also, a question: I never saw Lesli Kay during her ill-fated run as a recast Lois on GH. What was the verdict on her?

Archived