SOD Feature: Nine Recasts who Proved to be Miscasts!

• Members

SOD ran a feature called "Replacement Battery; Nine recasts who proved to be miscasts! It's pretty good list.

GH: Jennifer Bransford (Carly, April - October 2005)

ATWT: Heather Rattray (Lily, 1990-1993)

DAYS: Tracy Middendorf (Carrie, 1992)

OLTL: Christina Chambers (Marty, 2006-07)

GL: Ann Hamilton (Mindy, January - April 1993)

B&B: Emily Harrison (Bridget, 2004)

AMC: Anthony Addabbo (Dimitri, 2001)

Y&R: Shari Shattuck (Ashley, 1996-99)

Passions: Mark Wystrach (Fox, 2006-07)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no. Mark Cameron Wystrach made an awesome Fox. He was in no way comparable to Justin but he had his own rhythm as Fox. Not to mention the INSANE chemistry between him and Adrian Bellani. They were hot.

• Members

I wish I had seen this Charity Rahmer girl. How could someone be so bad in such a short period of time? As for ATWT, Soapsuds is right. Heather Rattray was very different than Martha Byrne (and not as talented), but she acquitted herself OK. Susan Batten is the poster child for all miscasts.

• Members

Jenny did a great job as Carly. It's just some of the TB lovers never gave her a chance, I think the problem with Tracy Middendorf was that people were just so used to Cristie, cause she was excellent as Steve's crazy girlfriend on 90210. And Emily Harrison was just miscast as Bridget, and it was Brad's mistake for recasting right after Jennifer Finnagen left without giving the audience time to adjust.

• Members

It was bad. I remember watching with a friend of mine when she first came one and we both went WTF. I think she was only on for a month before Martha Madison showed up. I'm sure if you did a few You Tube searches you might find some old Shelle videos that have her in it. Most of her scenes were with Philip and Jan since it was the time when Shawn was locked in the "love cage". I know there was a clip somewhere where she is practically flirting with John Black...HER FATHER.

Archived