SOD Feature: Nine Recasts who Proved to be Miscasts!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Noelle Beck is a good actress, but she doesn't fall into the role of Lily. And it stuns me that so many people have accepted her. :huh: She's good, but she's no "Lily".

Charity Rahmer sucked BALLS. After the first week, I was just WAITING for a news release. But noooooo, they had to wait two fricking months!

Lastly, Christina Chambers......*pfft*.......she was a recast Molly on ATWT. And the second she opened her mouth, I was like, "Oh gawd!!!" Ugh *shudders*

• Members

Big fat word to that. Absolutely wrong for the part. Shari Shattuck turned Ashley into a boring b---- and had no connection with any of the actors the writers tried to pair her with. I feel she only got the part and lasted as long as she did because she was married at the time to Ronn "Ridge Forrester" Moss.

• Members

Wow, I completly disagree with these especially JB as Carly on GH. She is highly underrated and I preferred her over Laura Wright.

Kevin Stapleton was the BEST Kevin. JFP made a huge mistake when she fired him and hired her friend, the bland Tim Gibbs in his place

Im enjoying her as Lily. I much prefer her over Martha Byrnes. Sucks that she left but best thing to come out of it was NB in the role

• Members

JB as Carly was one of the biggest MISCASTS i have ever seen. I say miscast because shge wasnt a horrid actress, and she did actually rock what they gave her. She just was not Carly. SAhe had no chem with anyone, and thank god she left. And DP, it had nothing to do with Tams. Tams will forver be my carly, but i can accept other people in roles as long as they are good and work in the role.

Charity R. as belle was the worst recast ever. she was worse than bad 2am skinamax acting. she was so much worse than krista allen, a fate i wasnt aware as possable.

Christina Chambers was a miscast as Molly (she should had the other role they casted around that time... hal's daughter i think. maybe Nikki?) But she was awesome as Marty.

EMmily Harrison was just... awful. Shari Shattuck just was not Ashley Abbott.

Cheap, i could not agree more. Noelle is doing amazing in the role.

• Members

Two glaring Y&R omissions, both of whom were worse than Shari Shattuck:

Scott Seymour (ex-Billy Abbott) - cross-eyed, cue card-reading wierdo.

Davetta Sherwood (ex-Lily Winters) - couldn't emote to save herself.

I have to ask, why does everyone hate Shari Shattuck's Ashley? I started watching when she was on the show, so I had nothing to compare her to at the time, but I thought she did fine.

:rolleyes:

You know, I could probably deal with the Tammin bashing if it weren't for the name-calling. <_<

Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree there. She was just awful. She was everything people accuse Tammin Sursok of being.

Here's a clip of Ms. Harrison's "acting". (Skip ahead to 03:47.) *shudder*

http://www.dailymotion.com/Soapfan-UK84/vi...8th-2004-part-1

• Members

SS was awful.

Davetta was perfection. She was everything and then some.

And this isnt an attack on you and im not justs aying this to piss you off by TS is a miscast. Please note i used miscast, meaning she should be in a diff role.

and as for SS - i dont ahte on her. She just didnt bring Ashley to life to Elieen does.

Aside from Liz H. and Vail B. she is better than anyone under 30 on Y&R.

• Members

For the life of me, I will never understand Davetta's appeal. Sure, she looked and sounded more like Dru (I won't say she acted more like Dru because that would be an insult to Victoria Rowell), but her acting was SO dull. Her line delivery was flat and she had a constantly sulky facial expression. She really looked like she didn't want to be there. And when she had a major scene (like the one where Lily found out Malcolm was her father) it looked incredibly forced.

I can understand why there are people who prefer Adrianne over Tammin - Adrianne is a good actress, and Tammin has barely had a chance to prove herself - but the Davetta thing has me baffled.

• Members

Heres my thing - first thing is i am not one of those popel who liked DS as lily becaus she was more 'ghetto'. Lily Winters should not be street. She is a pretty pretty princess who grew up with a galm lifestyle in Paris. I liked DS in the role because.. well she could act and she had chem with everyone. She also did come off more like Dru's daughter - but again thats not really an issue because i buy CK as Niel's daughter. I just think C is a very underwhelming actress.

Archived