SOD Feature: Nine Recasts who Proved to be Miscasts!

• Members

Since you already mentioned Charity Rahmer for some odd reason didn't make the list. Uhm, can everyone please say Steve Wilder ( ex Jack Deveraux, DAYS). That was just, wth!

They didn't get rid of Christie. She chose to leave and went on to finish school and such. When she came back the character was became more mature for obvious reasons, so it was all good imo. Especially since it was what CC wanted in the first place.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree with this. IMO, the character of Fox should have been written off when Justin left, especially since they decided to kill off Fox anyway.

I didn't mind Christina Chambers as Marty-I enjoyed her Marty and John. I didn't love Jennifer Bransford as Carly but she was awesome towards the end with the breakdown storyline

• Members

Darn, you beat me to it. Every time I saw Christine on OLTL, I was reminded of how horrible she was on ATWT, which was like a double-wham of two mind-numbing, nauseating performances rolled up into one. I think SOD was wrong in saying that she was the worst miscast as Marty. She was far worse as Molly lol.

• Members

I really felt bad for Christina Chambers as Marty. Dena brought her on with little attention to the history of the character. Ergo Cole being Marty's son instead of the daughter she originally had just to promote the teen story. I really think CC's Marty was brought on solely to be paired with John and play mother to Cole (to support the lame teen story), and they really never had any well defined plan for who the character really was. In the beginning I really thought she was going to be conniving. She seemed to have ulterior motives for interfering/spying on John McBain and for testifying for Spencer Truman, but they never pursued that angle. Original recipe Marty was perfectly capable of being manipulative and edgy. Then they did an about face and left the character completely devoid of intrigue. She became a Mary Sue and that was never Marty, and subsequently the character was completely uninteresting and bore no resemblance to Marty. So I won't blame Christina Chambers or casting for that failure. JMHO.

Makes me so happy that Dena didn't like my favorite (appeared to hate her actually), because the only characters who suffered worse than the characters Dena hated were those she loved.

BTW

• Members

LOL! We're almost in agreement. We must stop now before things go too far. I think she's a capable actress who was given really bad material and inconsistent storyline progression. I don't think Meryl Streep would have made that story work. Never watched Sunset Beach or Spyder Games, but I've seen her in other things. I think amazing is too strong, but she's not as bad as people said she was. The whiney heroine was the writing.

Archived