Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was unspoiled, and although I was bored by much of the reveal episode (I do give Kate Oates credit for filling in those gaps and not having us wait like EE did with Lucy), I found the Andy/Ross reveal quite interesting. I like how the linked the two rivaling brothers stories.

Paddy cheating, while some people are disappointed I'm just not invested in Paddy as a character outside of the Chas/Aaron. I can see your typical psycho storyline from a mile away.

Ashely's story, though saddening, I'm interested in it.

• Members

Thank God they have ended Ross' vendetta against Pete. That story was almost more tiring than anything Jai related. If Pete going to the police starts things up again, I'm just going to faceplant hardcore.

I wish Chas' stalker was a back from the dead Carl. The logistics really don't bother me. I do despise how they've positioned Diane against her, if only because once Aaron is cleared I know I'll have to be subjected to Diane having to kowtow to her. I think a great storyline, probably the best in the show's history, could be the village all gathering together to rid the village of the Dingles once and for all. Again, logistics are not a concern here, either.

• Members

Oh, and I'm not even going to try and process John Middleton's exit or any devastation at losing Ashley, yet. Middleton has said he'll still be on the show late into 2016, so consider it me protesting the horrible earliness of ITV announcing exits from their soaps, for reasons I will never be able to comprehend.

• Members

I have a feeling their hand may have been forced on that one, as Soapsquawk (which leaked Ross being Robert's shooter 4-5 days early) published an article saying Middleton was leaving. Then Digital Spy put out one after that where he had to say Ashley had to go at some point but he was still under contract. 

I wasn't sure if you were still watching as you don't post now, but I'm glad you are.

• Members

Man those Barton brother scenes were very emotional and hard to watch. Only Michael Parr could sell me on that ish. The pain of Ross throughout the years was really conveyed well. And then when Pete called him that nickname....and you could just SEE how it tore Ross apart and the fool broke down. I about started crying right there as well.

I really hope one day they can put this rivalry behind them. Or at least it not be so toxic.

• Members

OMG, that would be incredible! In both senses of the word.

Yes, I'm also in denial about him leaving. It's almost as if they're saying "We're doing a dementia storyline, but don't worry it won't drag on for years."

As somebody else said, let's hope Laurel hits the bottle again. 

• Members

I thought Michelle Hardwick, in particular, looked gorgeous.

It's such a shame Nikhil's return is only short term. He immediately brought a sense of warmth and heart to the show. His reunion with David was adorable. 

And Carly blatantly asking David if he wanted to make out as soon as he got through the front door was hilarious.

• Members

I'm so tired of that idiot on Digital Spy who keeps defending Aaron at every turn and bringing up Robert scaring Victoria into mutism 11 years ago (when she stopped being angry with him about it after like a day after the truth about the affair came out to Jack). Over and over and over to remind people of how "evil" Robert is, when it isn't like anyone at that cesspool likes Robert anyway. Aaron is a thug - he nearly killed someone for no apparent reason not that long ago, and he kept quiet about Katie to save his own neck, even when he knew Andy might kill himself.

Why not just own up to this and say you like the character anyway, instead of endlessly going on about evil Robert and poor precious Aaron and how Robert was so mean to Aaron's mommy and daddy and tried to kill them (frankly they've been so awful this year, between hitting Aaron and nearly driving him to suicide, it's hard to keep pushing that narrative)? It's OK if you like a character who is not a saint. And Aaron, regardless of what the show may claim, is not a saint.

The only reason anyone even gives a damn about Aaron outside of some hardcore fans from 5 years ago is because of the Aaron/Robert story, and that's in spite of the show's best efforts to derail the whole thing in favor of boo hoo Aaron and 500000 scenes of the disgusting White family smirking it up and throwing themselves pity parties.

• Members

Here's a Halloween 2001 episode I uploaded. The main story is about the teens and the murder they were trying to cover up (if it reminds you of a certain horror movie, that was likely deliberate). It's always interesting seeing more of Donna, Katie, Robert and Andy at that age. The show had a much heavier teen scene at this time than they did before or since. I do wonder if that will change with a Hollyoaks producer on the way.

The guy who plays Marc Reynolds isn't the best actor, but he's pretty hot. The show as always had a fair amount of hot guys on display. 

I always liked Louise. It's a shame she basically no longer exists. It would bother me more if Emily Symons hadn't wanted to leave for personal reasons.