EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought you might be happier Sylph. :lol:

I know you should be careful what you wish for but I'm glad he's going. His stories may have juiced up the ratings and of course that's what matters most these days but in the long run it wasn't worth character-destroying stories that always hang in the background even after their half-hearted resolutions, such as Tanya burying Max alive, Archie the multiple rapist, Lauren running over Max, Stacey who let her boyfriend die for her murder, etc.

• Members

Today's episode:

What an annoying ass nurse Stacey had. I'm glad Stacey told her ass off at the end of the episode. That nurse had awful bedside manner and seemed like she was forcing Stacey to breastfeed when she didn't want to. Sad thing is, bedside manner like this is often very common these days amongst doctors and nurses.

I'm glad Lucy played Adam's ass and then slammed the door on him. :lol:

When Lucy is recast at the end of the year, I'm sensing big plans for her, at least I hope so. She could be a really good young bitch.

Today's episode was mostly set up for the Foxes for next week when

The Max and Stacey scenes were very nice and calm. If they didn't have such a tumultuous history together and the age gap wasn't jarring, I'd want them together legitimately. But too much has gone down for that to happen.

I liked when Janine told Ryan that he was as big a part of her schemes and bet as she is. Maybe it's over for these two for a while, but who knows. Ryan shouldn't think he's much better than Janine, because he's not.

I'm glad we got some more Pat/Janine interaction.

That last scene when Stacey was about to breastfeed but saw her bipolar medication and stopped was heartbreaking. I think it's only normal that she thinks she'll be a bad mother, given that this is her first child, her problems, and how young she still is.

• Members

Max really doesn't look that much older than her, IMO. In looks, it's 5 years give or take. How old are they supposed to be anyway?

Is Lucas done after this story or are they going to try and keep him around?

Loved Lucy get one over on that pathetic tool Adam. Who's the big guy that threatened him? What's his significance? Why does he care about Libby?

I do agree about that nurse. Bitch, step the eff off! She needed a slap.

Sexy Ryan is being an ass to Janine! :( Do not like this at all. I have been meaning to say though, Janine (the actress) must smoke boat loads with that damn husky voice. I realized she didn't really have it in the past.

• Members

Kris Green saw the upcoming episode where

and said that Don and Diane were phenomenal in it.

The really good thing about this story in recent weeks is that it has given them material to shine in, especially Diane, who is very underrated.

So, I wonder if they've already hired Dominic Treadwell-Collins' replacement. Who wants to bet it will probably be someone from The Bill? EastEnders and The Bill always seem to share crew and writers, and now that The Bill is no more and they were looking for a deputy story producer with "experience" maybe it will happen...

• Members

You'd think they might have Kirkwood pick someone he knows or has good experience with. Since Marquess was in charge of The Bill for most of the past decade, up to about 2006 or so, he might pick some of their group for Hollyoaks.

It's a shame that after about a day Stacey went back to being miserable and self-loathing. Those scenes where she went on about how she wasn't good enough for the baby were very difficult to watch. I think she might be better off giving the baby up for adoption as it won't be long before her resentment of herself becomes resentment of the child.

The scene where Max tried to make her see that she will become a good mother was wonderful. Lacey and Jake have so much chemistry together. The scene where Abi found her father passed out drunk was also good, very depressing, but true to the character. Jake is so underrated.

I don't understand why Patrick suddenly went off of Liz, and I don't care all that much either. It just seems like an endless stalling tactic by the writers.

The Adam/Lucy stuff was flat, although Melissa Suffield's harsh line readings worked very well in this instance.

Ryan is still a delusional and hypocritical ass. Janine called him on it and he didn't even bother to answer. My favorite part was when he said at least his family loves him. Which family is that, the mother he beat up or the sister he barely has scenes with? The only good thing about this tired pairing and even more tired storyline was the stuff with Janine and Pat. Finally their complex relationship has been remembered and used to good purpose.

• Members

Marquess already shuck up the production staff at Hollyoaks, so I don't think he'll be hiring more in that area.

The current Story Producer of The Bill is Kevin Rundle, who also has EastEnders experience. He was the Series Story Editor from 2004-2006, which is just editing and had no story involvement. So I wonder if he's a candidate for the show, since EastEnders and The Bill have shared a lot of people in common.

Kirkwood's Deputy Producer at Hollyoaks was Lucy Allan. I know no one wants her to come to EastEnders. Can you imagine the psychos at Digital Spy if that were to happen? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm betting John Yorke will also have a lot a say in this decision too though.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner