EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the synopsis and credits for Bryan's first solo week of episodes.

Monday 21st June 1 hour episode

Lucy plays a dangerous game with Adam but is caught red-handed by Ian. Liz gets the wrong end of the stick with Patrick, and Libby battles her feelings when she sees Darren and Jodie happy together. Ronnie has a plan when Glenda gets under Peggy's feet at the Vic, and Stacey's world is shattered by a straight-talking Janine.

Writer - Rachel Flowerday

Director - Steve Finn

Executive Producer - Bryan Kirkwood

Wednesday 23 June - Written as an hour long episode

Max follows his heart straight to Tanya but is stunned when she reveals her news, in the latest visit to Walford.

Meanwhile, Vanessa tries hard to stay on top of her double life and keep her husband sweet.

When a frantic Stacey goes into labour, the only person she doesn't want to see is the one person who ends up being there for her.

Writer - Simon Ashdown

Director - Steve Finn

Executive Producer - Bryan Kirkwood

Edited by dannigold

• Members

Here's...Harry.

The actor looks familiar to me, although I don't know his credits, the only one I knew was a Farcsape two-parter. He looks a character from Popeye, a cross between Wimpy and Popeye, so maybe that's it.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a227164/first-look-harry-gold-joins-eastenders.html

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0353184/

Oh, and the Stacey giving birth episode will have Julia's Theme. They're going to be setting a record for that this year, if they use it again when Stacey and Peggy leave.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Jodie mentioned last week that she has nephews, which suggested that her father might have had older children from a previous marriage/relationship. So, I'm not surprised Harry is much older than Vanessa. I'm sure money had a lot to do with their marriage.

Vanessa is also meeting Abi and Lauren during next Wednesday's hour-long episode. I'm not surprised we'll be getting to see Harry and know more about Vanessa in that episode, as Simon Ashdown is writing it and he created Vanessa and Jodie.

Looks like Stacey is going into contractions in the rain with Ryan there.

550w_eastenders_40234024_3.jpg

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I know this was Green's wording and not the show's but I hope they won't try to paint him as the new Archie. Archie was unique, and even that didn't last too long, as by the end he was just a generic baddie and apparently a multiple rapist.

I think it would be more interesting if they go a different way with Harry. I also wonder if it might be interesting if Harry appears to be tough but actually Vanessa is the one with the power in the relationship.

• Members

They must have some sort of plans for him beyond a few episodes, since even if Vanessa hadn't stayed around Jodie would still be there. I can see him being about 6 months or more. I guess they could always have the old story where he's accidentally killed and Vanessa gets Max to help bury the body (although Max and burials don't go well).