EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Clogged how? :unsure:

Until recently, he was nothing more than a filler character.

I hardly see how the likes of Zsa Zsa and Leon are more beneficial to the show than Ben. Even with a recast, he's unlikely to be more than just a filler character given his age.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, please. <_<

Kidnapped, bullied, partially deaf, in the middle of a custody battle... <_< <_< <_<

AWFUL, dismal character played by an even worse 'actor'.

Just dump the guy already, send him wherever.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

:P

• Members

When was he kidnapped by Martin?

Does anyone else wish the show would just say "to hell with it" and say that Kathy isn't actually dead? Just say she's been comatose for years and some doctor kept her hidden away while she recovered. I have never thought bringing Den back was the problem, it was the storylines after his revival. There's tons of stuff for Kathy to do if she returns.

• Members

Sylph, you really have surprised me with your love for Zsa Zsa and Leon, and wanting to write out the Beale family (EE's first original family!). I get your Chelsea love, but Tiana has been wooden for too long. What's so special about Leon? Isn't he just an inconsequential character with no ties to the show? How can he be a great loss when he doesn't bring anything to the canvas?

And, as terrible as Ben is, he's being recast - and hopefully SORASed - so he should return a better character, played by a better actor. Ben has a place within the show for as long as they want him, considering he's the next generation of Mitchell, and is Ian's half-brother, Kathy's son. He has more of a place than Leon.

It was when Martin took him "hostage" on the viaduct, and threatened to throw him off, unless Phil did something for him. I forget what. It was all rather silly, and I zoned out for most of it, b/c you knew that Martin was never gonna kill Ben. It probably involved Sonia in some capacity, seeing has everything seemed to.

Yes!! I do! I really want not-dead Kathy to return to Albert Square A-SAP.

What would you have Kathy do?

• Members

I would have Kathy sleep with Jack Branning...no, just kidding.

I'd have Ian begin disappearing for business trips or visiting family, and soon Jane begins to think he's lying to her. She uses this as justification to almost have sex with Masood. They stop because Jane gets a call from Ian, telling her he has to see her. She rushes to the hospital, thinking he or one of the kids was hurt, but then he introduces her to Kathy, who is still in a coma. Ian tells her that Kathy's been slowly recovering for years and he has kept quiet because he didn't want to traumatize Ben, who believed his mother was dead, and he was afraid that Phil, who was so desperate to get Ben back, would kill Kathy if he knew she was still clinging to life. Jane convinces Ian to tell the kids, believing that they will help Kathy get better. Jane herself feels guilty about Masood and is a bit nervous around Kathy, which could lead to story much later down the road if Kathy susses out what happened there.

Kathy wakes up and begins to recover, but Ian keeps lying to her about where Ben is. Finally Lucy, angry at Kathy trying to be too stern with her, tells her that Ben is in a juvenile detention facility, about Stella's abuse, everything. Kathy can barely take the stress, but she says she's not going to let Ben down again. This starts a slow boil of very strong tension with Lucy. Ian wonders if Kathy doesn't like Lucy because of Cindy, but it's mostly because Lucy reminds her of Donna, one of the biggest regrets of her life, and a very toxic person.

Meanwhile, a recast Ben is having a horrible time adjusting to the detention facility, and he ends up stabbing a bully boy in self-defense. For his own protection he's isolated. Lisa has taken Louise and gone into hiding, so Phil has nothing left but Ben. Phil becomes convinced that he should break Ben out and they can flee the country.

Ian hears about this through Heather, who wants him to try to stop Phil. Ian tells Kathy he doesn't know what to do, he's afraid to get Ben in trouble, he doesn't know whether they should get the police involved.

At the getaway place, one of Phil's hired men bring him Ben, and Phil tells him everything's going to be fine now. Ben suddenly looks shocked, and then smiles. Phil is beaming, assuming Ben is happy about the plan. Then, for the cliffhanger, Ben yells, "MUM!" and runs into Kathy's arms. Kathy hugs him and stares down a flabbergasted Phil.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

According to Sally Abbott, who has written a few episodes over the years, her husband Michael Begley will be writing an episode that will air between Emilia di Girolamo's and Daran Little's first episode that's to air in August.

http://twitter.com/sallyjabbott/status/15619678870

Emilia di Girolamo was apparently very impressed with Michael Begley's commissioning pitch, comparing it to one done by Sarah Phelps.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Friday's episode was all right. I didn't see it as any different from what's been going on for the last month or so, but maybe that's just me.

I was shocked to see so many black people! And not all involved in one story! The Fox party was bizarre with all the drunkenness, but I liked it.

Ian and the teens was hilarious. Zsa Zsa and Leon can go, but Fatboy has to stay.

Those ridiculous car double entendres were so clunky and cheesy!

Edited by All My Shadows