EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

True, Matt Evans has also written quite a few episodes recently. But then again, I go back to that job listing you posted, it seems like they were looking for someone new with "experience."

Daran Little would surprise me, since he's still so new to the show and judging by his Twitter, he has like a million different projects in planning.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You can usually tell if an episode hasn't rated that well if the EE fans at Digital Spy aren't talking about how fantastic the ratings are:

I guess they are falling to some of the same schedule issues that have plagued Corrie, but it shows that without a lot of care they are likely to get around the same ratings Emmerdale has had during the matches.

I wonder if they will be troubled by that repeat figure. They almost always get a million or more with their repeats.

Hollyoaks...sad...

• Members

They got similar ratings a few Friday's ago too. They've been holding up a lot better than the other soaps this World Cup season, though.

Also, though the ratings fell last night, EastEnders was still the highest rated program of the night, since a lot of people don't watch television anyway on Friday's. They actually still outrated the World Cup match they were against, just slightly, though it cut into their ratings too.

From the ratings thread at DS:

Friday 25th June 2010

BBC One

18:30 - Regional News and Weather: 4.5m (30.1%)

20:00 - EastEnders: 5.7m (28.4%)

20:30 - Inspector George Gently: 3.08m (14.5%)

22:35 - Friday Night with Jonathan Ross: 3.16m (21.3%)

BBC Two

20:00 - Today at Wimbledon: 880,000 (4.4%)

21:00 - Are You Having A Laugh? TV and Disability: 1.27m (6.1%)

22:00 - Glastonbury 2010: 940,000 (4.8%)

ITV1 + HD

19:00 - World Cup Live: 5.4m (28.7%)

* exc HD: 4.96m (26.6%)

* peak: 6.4m (31.5%) @ 20:45 [exc HD]

21:30 - James Corden's World Cup Live: 2.36m (11.3%)

Channel 4

21:00 - Big Brother: 2.16m (10.3%)

22:35 - Big Brother: 2.02m (12.1%)

Five

20:00 - Extraordinary People: 570,000 (2.9%)

21:00 - The Mentalist: 1.55m (7.4%)

22:00 - CSI: NY: 871,000 (4.7%)

ITV3

19:00 - Agatha Christie's Marple: 726,000 (4%)

21:00 - Lewis: 917,000 (4.6%)

ITV4

22:00 - James Corden's World Cup Live: 415,000 (2.1%)

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

EEClipz had to take down their videos, such wonderful stuff :(

Once again, material that is likely never going to be seen on major television again or sold by the BBC, yet could be used through fan channels to help drive new viewers to Eastenders, is deemed unacceptable.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. EastEnders was/is also the most widely available UK soap on YouTube in terms of classic material, you hardly find as much classic Corrie or classic Emmerdale as you do/did EastEnders, but looks like the BBC is starting to clamp down hard. :(

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

When I first started going to Youtube there was more of all the soaps. Then Corrie and Emmerdale were wiped out and then Eastenders. Now Corrie and Emmerdale have a stronger presence, in new episodes and in old ones. Either ITV/Granada realized the potential or they just have other things to deal with right now. Either way I think the BBC should have left them up. It makes me sad seeing these dedicated fans so crestfallen, and frankly they were doing more to help interest in the show at some points, like 2006, then those actually running Eastenders were. Endersfan in particular had one of the best channels I have ever seen.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

That still hasn't been confirmed, and since she's only coming back for a handful of episodes, I don't know how true it will be.

Maybe she'll dump the child on Ronnie and Jack and Ronnie will finally have the baby she's always wanted.

Sam can be a bitchy type, when she wants.

Sam is in prison for her involvement in Den's murder in 2004. She was cleared of all charges in that, but escaped to Brazil so she wouldn't be arrested. She's in prison for fleeing the country when she was under investigation.

• Members

Sam has been a plot device for some time now and the bizarre, frankly schizophrenic way they wrote for her on her last return was not great.

I'm just trying to figure out how pregnant she will be. Wouldn't she have been impregnated in November?

• Members

She's only supposed to be back for a couple of episodes, so I wonder if she'll be pregnant at all, or if the Daily Star just made something else up.

I don't think they'd just bring her back pregnant for a few episodes and let her go. If she's back, she has to come back with the child or something, or else it wouldn't make sense.