EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but since she's returning to EastEnders soon, Jessie Wallace (Kat Slater Moon) is going to be in the BBC Four movie about Coronation Street's origins. She'll be playing former Corrie actress Pat Phoenix, who played Elsie Tanner on Corrie.

Daran Little wrote the script for this film...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a235052/bbc-four-announces-corrie-drama-cast.html

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

That's interesting. Jessie Wallace as Pat Phoenix will be a bit strange to see, but that's because I can't really see anyone as Pat Phoenix. Lynda Baron, I don't know enough about her, I know she was on Eastenders but that was during one of the times I wasn't really watching. I mostly remember Christian weeping over her like he weeps over everyone.

Jane Horrocks, huh. She probably would have fit in well on Corrie, once upon a time.

• Members

Apparently, the upcoming fire at the Vic will burn the entire thing down, and it's being reported that the stunt will be one of their most expensive.

I wonder when they build the new pub, how it's going to look. In the past fires, I don't think the whole set was dismantled. Though, this is being done for the HD update.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

There's already a lot of speculation about how many characters will die. I honestly don't see Eastenders being as out there as Hollyoaks and killing five people (or was it six), especially since some of those who are leaving are already in a very dramatic story as it is which would be overshadowed if they died in a fire. My guess is that if anyone dies it would be Leon and Charlie, and perhaps Adam.

Have you heard if they will change the decor?

I hope they will finally get rid of that bust. Every time I see it I think of the whole Stacey thing.

Walford Web had a writeup on location shoots, and interviewed someone from the show about the Pat/Peggy scenes in London.

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/item.php?id=2497

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Kris Green joins 'EastEnders' team

Digital Spy soaps editor Kris Green is to join the production team of EastEnders next month.

Kris, who has been with DS for more than seven years, will work as part of a new team of storyliners at the soap. The role will see Kris help develop future story arcs, in addition to storylining specific episodes.

Bryan Kirkwood, EastEnders executive producer, said of Kris's appointment: "If anyone knows what it takes to make a good soap storyline, it's Kris Green. He has been the audience's representative on Digital Spy for the last 7 years, so it's a real coup to have him on board the EastEnders storylining team. I'm really looking forward to working with him."

Neil Wilkes, Editor of Digital Spy, said: "I am terribly sad to see Kris leave us after all this time but couldn't be happier for him in landing this new role. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him publicly for being an instrumental part of developing not only our soaps offering but also the shape of DS at large over the last decade. He's going to be an amazing addition to the 'Enders team - and if he has any sense, his first order of business will be to lobby for the return of Dr. Legg."

Kris said: "The past seven years with Digital Spy have been nothing short of incredible. It's been a privilege to work alongside such a hardworking and dedicated group of people who I'm proud to call my friends. In particular, I'd like to thank Neil Wilkes and James Welsh for affording me such a vast opportunity from the outset. I'll miss DS tremendously.

"I'd like to thank press officers, cast members, producers and most importantly readers for their continued support over the years.

"However, I'm so honoured to be joining the story team at EastEnders and to be working alongside some of the greatest minds in continuing drama. EastEnders is a national institution and I can't wait to embark on this exciting new challenge."

Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy's longest-serving reporter, will replace Kris as soaps editor from mid-July.

• Members

Wow. That's a big shock. I guess he must have been friendly with the team, as he appeared in some of their Revealed specials, but I didn't know they'd hire him for such a big job. I think they need a change, so hopefully he will work out, and at least it shows again that Kirkwood isn't taking the easy way out.

• Members

I don't know, Carl. I'm still laughing, uncontrollably. It's as if for all this time he's been marketing himself and he finally succeeded in someone hiring him.

Usually these things go very well in the beginning, there's lots of this greeeat, 'shocking' stories, but by the end of the run, things fizzle out and all that's left is a bad rep.

We'll see.