EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

What's with the weird flying birds? Is that an ident? Or did someone watch too much of the 9 to 5 Lily Tomlin Snow White fantasy?

I can't tell you how disappointed I am they've gone for the cliched "devil child" route with Bobby. It's so boring and lazy. Isn't this the soap that's supposed to tackle "real" and "social" issues? This is the type of story GL was doing in its dying years. 

Ugh.

• Members

That story is the main reason why I don't watch EE consistently anymore. Sad part is that Bobby will walk away with a slap on the wrist when he should be put down like a deranged mutt. 

I can't say I feel sorry for Sharon either as they made her keep the secret. Betcha she'll open her mouth for now on. 

I was praying that Bobby would off Jane's lame ass because that would make me comeback for awhile to see her meet a grizzly demise. 

Overall, this story had ruined the Beale family. Never have a seen the core family on a soap be decimated in a year's time like this family has on EE. Anyone in the loop about Bobby's doing is forever tarnished as a character. Especially Ian.

• Members

Ugh at "fearless and feisty."  DTC's brilliance with teen characters continues.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a777294/here-comes-trouble-phil-mitchells-feisty-daughter-louise-is-returning-to-eastenders-next-year/

I just hope they don't trash Lisa even more, or kill her off. Phil's booze-soaked potato ass isn't worth it. Never was.

• Members

:lol: I am over here dying off that comment. 

And why does every teen have to be 'feisty?' Sometimes, I feel that character descriptions should be removed from casting. As a writer, I hate doing them b/c I feel that they make characters flat instead of being the complex beings I want them to be. They are typically cliche. 

Shocked that DTC is actually is casting someone in that age range b/c none of the young adults have much story going on for them at the moment. The kids (Bobby & Dennis) have more going on than the young adults/teens.

• Members

It's such a cliche - feisty girls and "lothario" boys that the ladies love. And it always flops onscreen because people don't want to see caricatures and they can get much more believable teen representation elsewhere. 

I just hope they do better with her than they did with that pointless daughter of Martin and Sonia's. But it will probably just be more of Phil "protecting" her and probably Ben hating her or whatever. 

If I was writing the show I would have Lisa pop up to put another cap in his ass. 

• Members

:lol: Not Lisa popping another cap in him! At least this time, she might get it right. 

Didn't Ben not like Louise as a child? Didn't he hurt her or something like that? I remember some incident occurring with them that Phil got upset over. Won't be surprised if he takes to her. 

I agree that they'll have Phil be the helicopter dad, who hovers over her every move. I get this weird feeling that they might even toss Jay into her orbit, messing up his dynamics with the Mitchells. 

• Members

Love Glynis. She stepped into a role she was way too young and glamorous to play (sadly vacated by Jill Gascoyne due to not being able to keep up with the workload - a few years later she revealed she has Alzheimers) and did a great job with some poor poor material (Ian AND Phil - no whore is ever THAT desperate). I'm glad she'll be back for a few days, even if it's likely for another tedious "secret."