EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes to everything you said! 

I felt like it took away from Den and Sharon's history. And when Den said, "hello, princess" it was out of affection. We all know that he loved and adored Sharon. Too much at times. Hearing Gavin say it was hollow and gross. 

And that's the exact reason why the Carters stick out like a sore thumb on the Square. They are lite versions of the Slaters. I feel like if DTC tried making the Carters originals instead of knockoffs, they could've been a hit on the Square already. I'll keep saying it but the Fox and Masood clans were the last good families to hit the Square. Anything after has been trash.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Totally agree about the Foxes and the Masoods, even with DTC's obvious disinterest. I keep seeing people say, "I don't care about Shabnam, I want more Mitchells and Beales," and I'm like - you already get them 90% of the time. Sit your ass down. 

At first I thought you said Kasnoffs instead of Knockoffs. The Kasnoffs actually were preferable to most of the Carters...

I just don't buy Gavin as a big threat. They were lucky to have Larry Lamb. They shouldn't have wasted him. (he reportedly was not happy with what they did to Archie, and I can't blame him)

• Members

Eww no. I hated the Kasnoff family! :lol:

And I am right along with you. I'm over the Mitchells and the Beales at this point. Both of their stories suck to high heaven. I'd settle for Denise and Masood stories any day. 

I also don't buy Gavin as this big threat. Have they've even explained how he became this large kingpin while the whole premise of him and Kathy faking his death was to pay off their debt? 

And was Larry Lamb willing to stay as long as the show wanted him? B/c if so, they stupid squandered that by having him do all those heinous acts before going. Yeah, it paid it off then but it isn't paying off now. 

• Members

Who was the man behind the bar that was clearly referring to Grant? I'm drawing blank at the moment. 

And boy was Sharon's skirt short in this clip. So short, you could almost see up it. 

Refreshing to see EE classics like Pete, Ethel, and Pauline. Boy was Ethel a gossip! But that was clearly British soap trope. Sadly, we don't hardly see characters like that on soaps anymore. 

• Members

That was Eddie Royle, who was landlord of the Vic for about a year between Frank and Pat and Grant. He was killed by Nick Cotton. His unpopularity with viewers is one of the reasons the show was reluctant to bring in new pub landlords for a long time. 

There's such a harsh edge to the reactions to Charlie's death that you wouldn't have had on Corrie at the time. Now all soaps tend to be that harsh - or worse. 

June Brown, I think, was very unhappy they killed off Charlie.

They uploaded a few more clips yesterday, I just didn't want to clog up the thread.

• Members

Sarah Phelps, who wrote some of EE’s best material in the Chrissie Watts era and wrote a few Sharon-centric episodes this year, is NOT happy with this Gavin “hello Princess” retconning BS. Read the tweets before they disappear.

https://twitter.com/PhelpsieSarah/status/661279715181883392

I don’t even care if this is all a ruse by Gavin, I’m glad she’s speaking up. I’m tired of DTC clumsily rewriting years of established history for his endless wank jobs.

Edited by DRW50