EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

On paper, Vincent/Ronnie should be exciting, but I just don't see any chemistry - and Vincent is too much of a joke character (or a joke actor) to invest in. Most of DTC's new characters are either just passable or unwatchable. I'm still astonished at the amount of airtime given to the walking horror that is Les Coker. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am, too, Carl, he is absolutely UNBEARABLE. He really and truly is the worst actor this show has ever had as a regular cast member, male or female. When Les reached into his desk and took out a flask I was so hoping it was a gun, instead.

• Members

I think DTC is going for what he used to have with people like Minty and Heather, but it was awful then too. Now it's even worse. And while I realize Paul was always going to be an acquired taste, I think this story has done him less than zero favors.

• Members

I'm so glad you mentioned this. It bothers me more than it should. With them saying how despondent Pam was when Laurie died, they should just lose her mind, kill Les, and then be sectioned in a catatonic state.

With the news of a trans character coming on, I have to speculate that Les' secret is exactly that. What a horrible choice of actor to choose to do the story justice if so.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Carl, I think you're right about Vincent/Ronnie. Sadly, I think Vincent's whole character was better conceived on paper than he is on screen. Same with Claudette, who feels like she was cast before she was fully conceived. I just find Vincent so dull.

I've mentioned the Alice band before. It's super annoying. It's such a 90s thing.

The writing for Paul and Les could be so much better. It's just so hollow. The whole story is a drag (no pun intended!).

I'm with Bright Eyes: the more they talk about his secret, the more I'm literally speculating that Les is either a crossdresser, or is the proposed transgender character who has yet to transition. I really hope it isn't the latter; that would be such a stereotype, and it really wouldn't do the story justice at all. I think Les is one of the worst characters to ever grace the show, especially in the acting department.

The majority of DTC's new characters have been disappointments. Aleks was the best, and he got rid of him for no good reason.

Edited by Ben