EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watched today's show...

The only thing that bothered me was that it was so much of the OTT camp parody of Sharon - she would have at least considered that Kathy was telling the truth and not just pulling some long con to get Phil or his money.

Kathy was written very true to her character, and Gillian played the scenes well. Her reaction to seeing Ben and her having the clumps of Sharon's hair in her hand and throwing them out the window were my favorite parts.

I love Jay telling Phil how full of [!@#$%^&*] he is and the Mitchells are. Long may it last...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it. I know it's the end for Carol (is today her last?). I do want to see it, but I have barely been able to stomach the show in months. Knowing that sour old wretch Sonia will be Gooning her way through the episode makes me sad...

• Members

Can Abi please be killed off? She's such a snitch! 

And I cannot wait until all is revealed and the boom is let down on Jane and Ian and Abi has egg on her face.

But I'm over the 'who killed Lucy' saga. Reveal the truth to everyone on the Square, send Bobby away, punish Jane and Ian, and move on. This story is tiring.

• Members

It's just so dull. And I don't think the story will ever have a satisfying conclusion because DTC stories never do.

I don't even think the story has ruined anyone, bar Sharon, but I just don't need or want to see more of smug Phil or that unbearably sanctimonious child-stealer Jane. I hope they write her out when this is over. 

I watched some of last night and laughed at how terrible and rushed the ending was, especially the dumbass "wha??" faces on everyone when Max was shouting. 

I just want Stacey to find out the truth and avenge Max. I've always liked their relationship and it's the only thing I even care about with Stacey or Max at this point.

• Members

Stacey figuring out the truth would be the only bright side about this entire arc b/c she's a dog with a bone; she won't let it go. Plus, her being with Martin for the time being will allow her access to getting to the truth. 

But I don't expect for that beat to be played either. As you stated, it'll be anticlimactic. But I am praying that Jane exits after this year too. I never cared for the character but I utterly loathe her now. And Ian has been tarnished by this story. I know I was in the minority but I enjoyed him opposite Denise. 

I've never been the biggest Max fan (even though I love Jake Wood), but I felt so bad for him last night. 

• Members

Oh I agree about Ian - I just mean I've always seen him as a weak man. Sharon I thought was better than this. 

This shows just how much DTC doesn't get it, basically pulling out the canard that Ian and Jane would be "boring" without this story. This is the type of attitude that flies in the face of what created Eastenders, and is a great example of why soaps are falling. 

(there are spoilers)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a671722/eastenders-boss-dominic-treadwell-collins-well-explore-whether-bobby-is-evil.html#~ppYMblSOy9fdEq