EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Girl is bold as brass. Good for her. DTC's first six months were near perfect, but it's just been one thing after another since David's departure. I honestly don't understand how it's the same people, actually.

I will say, Letitia Dean has been doing her best to save it all, poor thing.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Geez Louise, Margaret's "Walford. What a dump." on tonight's episode was campy as hell. She seemed like a decent person all this time and then on tonight's episode she came off like a 70s superbitch. I did enjoy the line about the yacht, though-an obvious nod to the actress Jan Harvey's time on the sailing soap Howard's Way.

I actually don't think it's a retcon that Den was in a gang back in the late 60s which robbed banks. He planned the robbery in 2004 which led to Phil going on the run. It's perfectly plausible that Den gave all that up once he had his "princess" and became more of a family man with the playing away aspect still going on, of course.

I really like Paul Nicholas as Gavin. I predicted his casting on this and other boards months before it happened! I think it will turn out that "Hello, Princess" was sheer manipulation on his part.

• Members

She backtracked on that later (which doesn't surprise me to be honest - I'm sure she got a call or something), but I'm still glad she said it. Even if it all turns out to be a con, it's still more tedious fanboy grandstanding that wasn't needed, and it makes Sharon look even more like an idiot.

• Members

More shock value passed off as "realism."

I read that Stacey is saying Martin isn't her baby's father. Thank goodness for that. I hope it's Max and not Kush, but overall the whole story is just trash. I don't know what the hype is supposed to be with "Startin." He's a creep and she looks alternately bored and murderous. 

I read that hey have trashed Zainab too.

I should try to watch the Denise/Shabnam scene though (as Denise apparently miraculously has her job back since DTC doesn't show her wiping her ass like he does with Shirley, Phil, the Carters, et al).

• Members

Of what I've seen of NuMartin, he doesn't bother me as much as he does others. I just think he needs better writing and the actor needs better direction because he does translate as creepy onscreen. While I feel the Beale/Fowler clan has been decimated thanks to DTC, Martin's presence is needed on the Square. 

They've trashed Zainab? How? I'm scared to hear how. Sucks b/c Nadia Wadia said she was open to returning awhile back when she was on CBBOTS. 

And I haven't watched consistently since I saw them having Denise cleaning the damn toilets in the Vic. I was too through. I am glad to hear that she got her job back at the Minute Mart. Hopefully, DTC will start to invest in here as she's one of the few precious jewels left on the show.

• Members

Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen it. 

Jamie always looks gorgeous. I wish we'd seen more of him. Diane Parish also stunning. And after them I'd say Bonnie Langford and the woman who plays Shabnam. And Nitin Ganatra is always a pro every year. 

I guess Danny Boy Hatchard and Jonny Labey must do this type of thing. I wish we'd seen a bit more of them (and I wish Jonny would get a different hairstyle - he's a handsome man).

I loved when they started tap dancing, and the bits with the canes...I did laugh at poor Gillian Taylforth during the tap portion, just sort of...being there. 

It also seemed very...disconnected and random, although they did their best. Sort of sums up Eastenders in its current state.

• Members

Diane Parrish/Bonnie Langford > all the other women. 

OMG. I died laughing at Gillian. She didn't know what the hell she was supposed to do but she committed. 

The men totally stole the show. Especially Jonny, Danny Boy, Jay, and Shane. 

Overall, it was cute. I enjoyed it. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude